Current Affairs 4th January 2021
Current Affairs of the morning are here with the top headlines of the morning. Current Affairs are very important for all competitive exams including Banking, SSC, RBI, NABARD, etc.
01. Which of the following bank has
partnered with Fintech PayNearby to
launch a neo banking platform?
A. SBM Bank of India
C. Standard Chartered Bank
Explanation: SBM Bank India, the wholly-owned subsidiary of State Bank of Mauritius has partnered with Fintech
PayNearby to launch a neo banking platform.
● Both firms signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) to build an “open banking” network
towards delivering basic banking solutions as well as advanced financial services, to their customers.
02. The Reserve Bank of India has
imposed a penalty of Rs 1 crore on
Punjab National Bank for violating
the Payment and Settlement
Systems Act, 2007. Punjab
National Bank is headquartered in
A. New Delhi
Explanation: The Reserve Bank of India has imposed a penalty of Rs 1
crore on Punjab National Bank for violating the Payment and
Settlement Systems Act, 2007.
● Punjab National Bank was operating a bilateral ATM-sharing
arrangement with Druk PNB Bank Ltd, Bhutan, since April
2010 without prior approval or authorization from India’s
03. Which of the following bank has been
kept in the ‘red flag’ list for
monitoring foreign portfolio investor
A. HDFC Bank
B. IndusInd Bank
C. Yes Bank
D. A and B
Explanation: HDFC Bank & IndusInd Bank have been put in the ‘red flag’ list, a system used for monitoring foreign portfolio investor (FPI) limits.
● A listed company enters the list when the available legroom for overseas investment is less than 3% of the permissible limit.
● FPIs can invest up to 74% in both HDFC Bank and
04. Indian Navy received ninth P-8I surveillance aircraft from _________.
B. Lockheed Martin
D. Northrop Grumman
Explanation: In a major boost to the Indian Navy’s warfare capabilities, the ninth Boeing P-8I surveillance plane was delivered to it from the US at its
the naval airbase in Goa.
● The P-8I surveillance plane delivered recently to the Indian Navy is
the first of the four additional planes, which were ordered by India
from Boeing after the completion of the initial order for eight aircraft.
05. Recently, the electricity supply
from Biaras hydro project and
Chilong hydro project was
disrupted following protest. These
two hydro projects are in
B. Jammu and Kashmir
Explanation: In Kargil, electricity supply from Biaras hydro project
and Chilong hydro project was disrupted following
protest by the employees of these two power plants.
● The employees were demanding release of their dues
which are pending for the last one year.
06. Which of the following organization
has adopted a resolution calling for
the urgent solution of the Rohingya
A. South Asian Association for Regional Cooperation
B. World Trade Organization
C. Shanghai Cooperation Organisation
D. United Nations
Explanation: The United Nations has adopted a resolution calling for
the urgent solution of the Rohingya crisis.
● The resolution tabled by the Organisation of Islamic
Countries (OIC) and European Union (EU) was adopted by
a majority of 132 countries voting in favour, 9 against and
07. Nation remembers former PM Indira
Gandhi on her 103rd birth anniversary.
Which of the following statement is
incorrect with reference to Indira
A. In January 1966, Indira Gandhi
became the first and only female
Prime Minister of India
B. She nationalized the 14 largest banks in India in 1969
C. Indira Gandhi declared an Emergency in India in 1977.
D. 42nd Amendment of the Indian Constitution at the time of An emergency can be listed as a part of Indira Gandhi’s legacy.
Explanation: In January 1966, Indira Gandhi became the first and
only female Prime Minister of India
● She nationalized 14 largest banks in India in 1969
● Indira Gandhi declared an Emergency in India in 1975.
● 42nd Amendment of the Indian Constitution at the
time of Emergency can be listed as a part of Indira
08. Recently, Bhanwarlal Meghwal
passed away. He was a/an
Explanation: Rajasthan Social Justice and Empowerment Minister Bhanwarlal
Meghwal passed away.
● The five-time MLA represented the Sujangarh assembly
constituency of Churu district of the state.
09. World COPD Day 2020 was observed
A. 15 November
B. 16 November
C. 17 November
D. 18 November
Explanation: World COPD Day is observed on the third Wednesday of November every year to raise awareness about
chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD) and improve COPD care throughout the world.
● World COPD Day 2020 falls on 18 November 2020.
● The day is organized by the Global Initiative for Chronic Obstructive Lung Disease (GOLD) in collaboration
with health care professionals and COPD patient groups throughout the world.
● Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease is a lung disease that blocks airflow and makes it difficult to
● 2020 theme: Living Well with COPD-Everybody, Everywhere.
10. Which of the following state
government has decided to set up
a ‘Gau Cabinet’ for the protection,
conservation and promotion of
cows in the state?
B. Uttar Pradesh
D. Madhya Pradesh
Explanation: The Cabinet will comprise the departments of animal husbandry, forests, panchayat and rural development, revenue, home and
● The first meeting of the Cabinet will be held on ‘Gopashtami
’ on November 22 at the Cow Sanctuary in Agar -Malwa district named ‘Kamdhenu Gau Abhyaranya.
● It is India’ s first cow sanctuary which was set up by the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) -led Madhya Pradesh government in September 2017