Current Affairs 30th January 2021
Current Affairs of the morning are here with the top headlines of the morning. Current Affairs are very important for all competitive exams including Banking, SSC, RBI, NABARD, etc.
01. Which of the following country has
begun to import rice from India for the
first time in at least three decades?
Explanation: China has begun to import rice from India for the first time
in at least three decades.
● This is because of tightening supplies in the country and
offer from India at sharply discounted prices.
02. Which of the following country has
successfully landed its spacecraft
Chang’e 5 probe on Moon to bring
back lunar rocks?
C. South Korea
Explanation: China successfully landed its spacecraft on the Moon on
December 1, 2020 to bring back lunar rocks to the Earth for the
first time since the 1970s.
● China’s Chang’e 5 probe “successfully landed” at the planned
03. India has reportedly invited which
of the following world leader to be
the Chief Guest at Republic Day
A. Joe Biden
B. Boris Johnson
C. Theresa May
D. Justin Trudeau
Explanation: India has reportedly invited UK Prime Minister Boris
Johnson to be the Chief Guest at Republic Day 2021.
● The invite was reportedly extended to the UK PM during
his phone call with Prime Minister Narendra Modi.
04. Recently, Five Eyes Alliance was in
news for raising its concern against
China’s imposition of curbs on Hong
Kong. Which of the following country
is not a member of Five Eyes
A. the United Kingdom
Explanation: Five Eyes Alliance was in news lately for raising its
concern against China’s imposition of curbs on Hong
● Earlier this year, the Five Eyes, also known as FVEY,
announced its plans to end the reliance on China for
goods & services by creating a trusted supply chain.
05. International Day of Persons with
Disabilities is observed every year
A. 01 December
B. 02 December
C. 03 December
D. 04 December
Explanation: The International Day of Persons with Disabilities is
observed annually on December 3.
● The day aims to promote the rights and well -being
of persons with disabilities in all spheres of society
and development, and to increase awareness of
the situation of persons with disabilities in every
aspect of political, social, economic and cultural
06. India has been ranked at
__________ place on the Global
Terrorism Index 2020?
Explanation: In the Global Terrorism Index (GTI) 2020, India has
been ranked at 8th spot globally in the list of
countries most affected by terrorism in 2019.
● The GTI score of India is 7.353 out of 10.
● With a score of 9.592, Afghanistan has topped the
index as the worst terror impacted nation among the
07. Which of the following has became the
first country in the world to approve the
Pfizer-BioNTech Covid-19 vaccine for
Explanation: Britain became the first country in the world to
approve the Pfizer-BioNTech Covid-19 vaccine
for use and said that it will be rolled out from
early next week.
● The British regulator Medicines and Healthcare
products Regulatory Agency (MHRA) declared
that the vaccine offers protection of up to 95
percent and is safe to be used for
immunization against COVID-19.
08. PM Modi paid tributes to first
President of India Dr Rajendra
Prasad on his birth anniversary on
03 December. Rajendra Prasad
was awarded Bharat Ratna in the
Explanation: PM Modi paid tributes to first President of India Dr Rajendra
Prasad on his birth anniversary.
● A brilliant scholar, Dr Rajendra Prasad was a teacher, lawyer,
freedom fighter and finally the president.
09. What is the Pan India helpline number
launched by the central government
to trigger emergency response to
Explanation: The Odisha Government approved the unified
emergency helpline number 112 to provide all
forms of police assistance to people in distress.
● The consolidated helpline number would enable
police to rush services to people in an efficient
10. The Asian Development Bank (ADB)
has signed an 50 million loan to
boost digital platforms for public
finance reforms in _________.
A. West Bengal
Explanation: The Asian Development Bank (ADB) and the Government of
India signed a $50 million policy-based loan to improve financial management procedures and operational efficiencies
aimed at achieving more fiscal savings, promote informed
decision making, and improve service delivery in the state of
● The loan builds up on past ADB policy-based programs in
2012 and 2017, supporting the Government of West Bengal on
sustainable public financial management reforms.