Current Affairs 2nd January 2021
Current Affairs of the morning are here with the top headlines of the morning. Current Affairs are very important for all competitive exams including Banking, SSC, RBI, NABARD, etc.
01. Uttarakhand celebrated its
foundation day on 09 November.
Uttarakhand was formed in the
Explanation: Uttarakhand celebrated its 20th foundation day on 09 November.
● Governor Baby Rani Maurya, Chief Minister Trivendra Singh Rawat and Assembly Speaker Prem
Chand Agraval have greeted the people on the occasion.
02. Pakke Tiger Reserve was recently
in the news. Pakke Tiger Reserve
is in ________.
B. Arunachal Pradesh
Explanation: Pakke Tiger Reserve (PTR) in Arunachal Pradesh has become
the first in the eight-State northeast to provide insurance cover against Covid-19 for“green soldiers”.
● 57 frontline staff (referred to as green soldiers) of the Park
have been insured for nine months against health issues due
to the infection by the Covid-19.
● The forest guards are rightly the green soldiers in the the frontline of India ’s wildlife, and the onus of wildlife conservation pretty much falls on them.
03. The Delhi government will adopt the
cost-effective Dungarpur model of
rainwater harvesting Rajasthan.
Dungarpur is in ________.
C. Madhya Pradesh
D. Tamil Nadu
Explanation: The Delhi government will adopt the cost-effective model of rainwater harvesting currently being implemented in the tribal-dominated Dungarpur district of Rajasthan.
● A seven-member delegation was on an official visit to witness the rainwater-harvesting system that costs just Rs 16,000 as
compared to the conventional one, which costs between Rs
50,000 and Rs one lakh per household.
● Dungarpur model was an innovative idea that was centred on
routing the rainwater to a bore well, instead of a regular
04. Who among the following has
been appointed as the patron of
the Marylebone Cricket Club
A. Michael Holding
B. Clive Lloyd
C. Nasser Hussain
D. Michael Vaughan
Explanation: West Indies pace legend Michael Holding has been appointed
patron of the MCC Foundation.
● The MCC Foundation is the charitable arm of the Marylebone
Cricket Club, custodians of the game’s laws, and was created
with the aim of enhancing lives through cricket.
● The 66 -year -old Holding is a passionate advocate for equality in cricket and the wider community.
● Throughout a professional career that spanned 15 years,
Holding, nicknamed Whispering Death, carved out a
reputation as one of the best fast bowlers of all time.
05. Recently, Father Carlos Gonzalez
Valles SJ passed away. He was a/an
Explanation: Veteran author and Gujarati columnist of Father Carlos
Gonzalez Valles SJ, popularly known as Father Valles
● A Jesuit priest born in Spain, he was a Mathematics
teacher in Gujarat.
● He wrote extensively in Gujarati, English and Spanish.
● He translated many mathematical concepts into Gujarati
and coined terms for them.
06. Recently, the first Tranche of Coal
Mine Auction to Generate________
crores of revenue.
A. Rs 1,000
B. Rs 4,000
C. Rs 7,000
D. Rs 11,000
Explanation: The Coal Minister Shri Pralhad Joshi announced
that the 19 mines were auctioned during first
tranche of coal mine auction.
● The first tranche of the auction is to generate
revenue of Rs 7,000 crores.
● The auctioned mines have peak rated capacity of
51 million tonnes.
07. Jingtang port is recently in news. It
is in _______
Explanation: China has cited COVID-19 regulations for denying departure to a stranded Indian merchant ship loaded with Australian coal.
● The ship named Jag Anand been awaiting anchorage at the Chinese
port Jingtang near Tangshan in China’s Hebei province since June this
● 23 crew members are stuck on the ship and most of them have
exceeded their limit of 11 months to stay on board and are eligible
08. National Education Day is
observed every year on
A. 09 November
B. 10 November
C. 11 November
D. 12 November
Explanation: In India, the National Education Day or Rashtriya
Shiksha Diwas is celebrated on 11 November every
● The day is celebrated to commemorate the birth
anniversary of Maulana Abul Kalam Azad, the first
the education minister of independent India.
09. Recently, Ken Spears passed
away. He was a/an ________.
Explanation: American television editor, writer and producer Ken
Spears, who co-created the beloved animated series
“Scooby-Doo” passed away.
● He was also the co-founder of television animation
the production company, Ruby-Spears Productions, along
with the late Joe Ruby.
10. Recently, Which of the following
country’s government signed ‘Juba
Peace Agreement’ with rebel groups?
Explanation: Sudan’s transitional government signed a peace
deal called the ‘Juba Peace Agreement’ with several
rebel groups in Juba, almost a year after the peace
● Last month, Sudan’s transitional government inked
the peace agreement with several militant groups
with an aim to end years of civil war that killed
hundreds of thousands of people in the country.