Current Affairs 28th September 2020
Current Affairs of the morning are here with the top headlines of the morning. Current Affairs are very important for all competitive exams including Banking, SSC, RBI, NABARD, etc.
01. Which of the following city has
topped the Global Smart City Index
Explanation: The 2020 Smart City Index (SCI) was topped by Singapore, followed by Helsinki and Zurich in the second and
the third place respectively.
● In the 2020 Smart City Index, Hyderabad was placed at the 85th position (down from 67 in 2019), New Delhi
at 86th rank (down from 68 in 2019), Mumbai was at 93rd place (in 2019 it was at 78) and Bengaluru at 95th
(79 in 2019).
02. Who among the following has
been assigned the charge of the
Ministry of Food Processing
Industries after the resignation of
Union Minister for Food
Processing Industries Harsimrat
A. Thawar Chand Gehlot
B. Dharmendra Pradhan
C. Prakash Javadekar
D. Narendra Singh Tomar
Explanation: Union Minister for Food Processing Industries
Harsimrat Badal has resigned.
● President Ram Nath Kovind has accepted the
resignation of Smt. Harsimrat Kaur Badal from the
Union Council of Ministers.
● Agriculture Minister Narendra Singh Tomar has
been assigned the charge of the Ministry of Food
Processing Industries in addition to his existing
03. Which of the following state
government has decided to give cows
to families with malnourished
children under the ‘Poshan Abhiyan’
C. Uttar Pradesh
D. Madhya Pradesh
Explanation: In a unique step towards eliminating the malnourishment among children, Uttar Pradesh government has
decided to give cows to the families with malnourished children, which will ensure availability of milk for them.
● The step taken under the ‘Poshan Abhiyan’ campaign will help in bringing down the level of malnourishment
among children and women in the state.
● The cows will be given to the families who are willing to keep them and also have available space for them.
● An amount of 30 rupees per day will also be given through DBT to the family for taking care of the cow.
04. Which of the following company
has launched the social initiative
‘Education for All’ to empower 5
million children by 2025 in India?
C. Dream 11
Explanation: Byju ’s, an edtech company, aims to make digital learning accessible to millions of children from underserved and economically
● The country ’s second -most valuable startup announced the launch of its social initiative – Education for All.
05. Who among the following had the
shortest stint as the governor of the
Reserve Bank of India?
A. R. N. Malhotra
B. M. Narasimham
C. Amitabha Ghosh
D. K R Puri
Explanation: Reserve Bank of India’s (RBI) Governor for 21 days, Amitabha Ghosh, passed away at the age of 90.
● Ghosh had the shortest stint as RBI governor, from January 15, 1985 to February 4, 1985, which was a
stop-gap arrangement while Ghosh was serving as a deputy governor and waiting to hand over charge to
the 17th RBI Governor R N Malhotra.
06. World Water Monitoring Day is
observed every year on _______.
A. 16 September
B. 17 September
C. 18 September
D. 19 September
Explanation: The World Water Monitoring Day is observed every year on September 18 since 2003.
● The day aims to increase public awareness and involvement in water monitoring and protecting water resources around the world.
● Theme for 2020 WWMD is ‘Solve Water.’
07. In recent days Babu sivan passed away who is a famous person in the field of?
A. Flim director
Explanation: Tamil director Babu Sivan passed away. He began his career by assisting director Dharani, who helmed films like Ghilli and Kurvi with Vijay.
08. Which of the among of following bank has been setup a new vertical “Emerging Entrepreneurs Business”?
A. Bandhan Bank
B. state bank Of india
C. HDFC BANK
D. YES BANK
Explanation: Bandhan Bank has set up a new vertical called “Emerging Entrepreneurs Business (EEB)”. The new vertical has been launched to support the emerging needs of the unbanked and underbanked segment of customers. The vertical will focus on supporting this segment of customers in their journey to becoming entrepreneurs. In addition to micro loans, the vertical will also manage micro home loan, micro bazaar loan and micro enterprise loan
09. In recent day who among of the following author has ben wrote a book name Azadi”?
A. Arundhati Roy
B. Subrata Kumar Roy
C. Sudip Kumar Das
D. Anil Kumar Sign
Explanation: Arundhati Roy’s new book titled “Azadi: Freedom. Fascism. Fiction” is published by Penguin Books Limited. The nonfiction book is a collection of essays that shows the meaning of Freedom in the world of increasing authoritarianism. The essay collection includes meditations on language and roles of fiction and alternative imaginations amid global pandemic due to COVID-19.
10. In Recent news 10th Meeting of the BRICS High Representatives on National Security was held virtually due to COVID-19.Who among of following person is the national Security Advisor of india?
A. Ajit Doval
B. sudeep kumar
C. arun kumar sign
D. deepak paul
Explanation: 10th Meeting of the BRICS High Representatives on National Security was held virtually. The 10th meeting of the NSAs was hosted by the current chair of BRICS i.e. Russia. National Security Advisor Ajit Doval represented India in a virtual meet of top security officials from Brazil-Russia-India-China-South Africa (BRICS) grouping.