Current Affairs 28th January 2021
Current Affairs of the morning are here with the top headlines of the morning. Current Affairs are very important for all competitive exams including Banking, SSC, RBI, NABARD, etc.
01. ‘Duare Sarkar” outreach programme
was launched in _________.
C. West Bengal
D. Tamil Nadu
Explanation: With an eye on the 2021 assembly elections, the
Trinamool Congress administration in West Bengal
launched its massive outreach programme ‘Duare
Sarkar’ (government at doorsteps) to ensure that
people avail the benefits of 11 state-run welfare
● In cities, the camps are to be organized by corporations
and at the village level, it is to be organized by Gram
02. Recently, the Prime Minister
Narendra Modi dedicated to the
nation the six-lane widening
project of the Handia (Prayagraj) –
Rajatalab (Varanasi) section of
A. National Highway-58
B. National Highway-78
C. National Highway-19
D. National Highway-111
Explanation: Prime Minister Narendra Modi dedicated to the nation the
a six-lane widening project of the Handia (Prayagraj) – Rajatalab
(Varanasi) section of National Highway-19 in Varanasi.
● The 73 Km stretch of the newly widened and six laned NH-19,
made with a total outlay of 2447 crore rupees, will reduce
the travel time between Prayagraj and Varanasi by one hour.
03. Who among the following has been
appointed as the Secretary General of
the Lok Sabha and Lok Sabha
A. Ravneet Dubey
B. Akshay Nagpal
C. Aseem Tripathi
D. Utpal Kumar Singh
Explanation: Lok Sabha Speaker Om Birla has appointed senior IAS
officer Utpal Kumar Singh as Secretary General of the Lok
Sabha and Lok Sabha Secretariat.
● His appointment will come into effect from December 1,
● He will succeed incumbent Snehlata Shrivastava.
04. Kapil and Himani Malik are associated
with which of the following sports?
E. Javelin Throw
Explanation: Archer Kapil has tested positive for coronavirus.
● He is part of the National Archery camp underway at Army
Sports Institute, Pune.
● He was on 18 days leave and was tested on arrival upon
rejoining the camp as per the standard SOP established by
Sports Authority of India.
05. Recently, N Narasimhaiah passed
away. He was a/an _________.
Explanation: In Telangana, the senior leader of the ruling Telangana Rastra
Samiti (TRS) and Member of Legislative Assembly, N.
Narasimhaiah passed away.
● He served as floor leader of the CPI-M twice in the erstwhile
Andhra Pradesh Assembly while representing Nakrekal
06. World AIDS Day is observed every
A. 28 November
B. 29 November
C. 30 November
D. 01 December
Explanation: World AIDS Day is observed across the globe on 1 December
every year since 1988.
● The day is observed to raise awareness of the AIDS pandemic
caused by the spread of HIV infection
● 2020 theme:“Global solidarity, shared responsibility”
07. Which of the following company has
delivered the biggest cryogenic
propellant tank C32-LH2 to the Indian
Space Research Organisation in
A. BEML Limited
B. Hindustan Aeronautics Limited (HAL)
C. Bharat Dynamics
D. Ordnance Factory Board
Explanation: The public sector aerospace manufacturing company, the
Hindustan Aeronautics Limited (HAL) delivered the biggest
cryogenic propellant tank C32-LH2 to the Indian Space Research Organisation in Bengaluru.
● The C32-LH2 tank is a developmental cryogenic propellant
tank of aluminium alloy designed for improving the payload
capability of GSLV MK-III launching vehicle of ISRO.
08. International Day for the Abolition of
Slavery is observed every year
A. 30 November
B. 01 December
C. 02 December
D. 03 December
Explanation: The International Day for the Abolition of Slavery is observed
annually on 2nd December.
● The day aims to eradication of contemporary forms of slavery,
such as trafficking in persons, sexual exploitation, the worst
forms of child labor, forced marriage, and the forced
recruitment of children for use in armed conflict.
09. Boko Haram was recently in news.
Boko Haram is a jihadist terrorist
organization based in ________.
Explanation: The attack on farmworkers in the North-Eastern region of
Nigeria has left at least 110 dead.
● The Boko Haram jihadist are blamed for the killing.
● Boko Haram is a jihadist terrorist organization based in
northeastern Nigeria, also active in Chad, Niger and
10. Mount Semeru is on level 2 alert
because it has continued to show
increasing volcanic activity. Mount
Semeru is in ________.
Explanation: Mount Semeru, the highest mountain on the island of Java,
is on level 2 alert because it has continued to show
increasing volcanic activity.
● The volcano has been releasing hot clouds and volcanic ash,
with residents anticipate its full eruption.