Current Affairs 27th October 2020
Current Affairs of the morning are here with the top headlines of the morning. Current Affairs are very important for all competitive exams including Banking, SSC, RBI, NABARD, etc.
01. Recently, Harsimrat Kaur Badal launched the- Market Intelligence and Early Warning System (MIEWS) Web Portal. MIEWS portal is related to ________.
A. real time monitoring of prices
of tomato, onion and potato
B. information about soil salinity
C. real time monitoring of PM 2.5
D. monitoring of crude oil prices
Explanation: Harsimrat Kaur Badal, Union Minister of Food Processing Industries, launched the- Market
Intelligence and Early Warning System (MIEWS) Web Portal.
● The MIEWS Dashboard and Portal is a ‘first-of-its-kind’ platform for ‘real time monitoring’ of prices of tomato, onion and potato (TOP) and for simultaneously generating alerts for
intervention under the terms of the Operation Greens (OG) scheme.
02. Which of the following has become the first non-life insurers to introduce policy documents, renewal notices and claim intimation for its customers by using WhatsApp chatbot?
A. Bajaj Allianz General Insurance
B. The Oriental Insurance
C. Bharti AXA General Insurance
D. HDFC General Insurance
Explanation: Bharti AXA General Insurance has started delivering policies and renewal premium to its customers through messaging platform WhatsApp
● The company is the first among non-life insurers in India to introduce the entire bouquet of service initiatives such as policy documents, renewal notices and claim intimation for its customers by using WhatsApp chatbot.
03. Who among the following has been appointed as India’s next
Ambassador to Venezuela?
A. Rohit Chaudhary
B. Rahul Nandan
C. Abhishek Singh
D. Mohit Tyagi
Explanation: Diplomat Abhishek Singh has been appointed India’s next Ambassador to Venezuela, the Ministry of External Affairs (MEA).
04. Who among the following has been conferred with the Sahitya Akademi’s translation prize, 2019?
A. Ambika Dutt
B. Ashok Vajpeyi
C. Baldev Singh
D. Susan Daniel
Explanation: Susan Daniel, a resident of Ooty, has been conferred with the Sahitya Akademi’s translation prize,
● He won the prize for translating Padma Shri Devenoora Mahadeva’s critically acclaimed Kannada
novel ‘Kusumabale’ into English.
05. In February 2020, Who among the following dethrones Virat Kohli to
regain top spot in ICC Test rankings?
A. Kane Williamson
B. Babar Azam
C. David Warner
D. Steve Smith
Explanation: Australia run-machine Steve Smith moved past India captain Virat Kohli to reclaim the No.1
● Kohli dropped 5 points after a poor outing in both the innings of the Wellington Test.
06. Recently, Ravi Shankar Prasad has inaugurated BSNL FTTH and
wifi service in ________.
A. New Delhi
Explanation: Union Minister of Law and Justice, Communications, Electronics and Information
Technology Ravi Shankar Prasad inaugurated BSNL FTTH and wifi service in
07. World Post Day is observed every
year on _________.
A. 7 October
B. 8 October
C. 9 October
D. 10 October
Explanation: World Post Day is observed on 9th October every year.
● The main aim of World Post Day is to create awareness of the
role of the postal sector in people’s and businesses’ everyday
lives and its contribution to the social and economic
development of countries.
● 09 October marks the anniversary of the establishment of the
Universal Postal Union in 1874 in the Swiss Capital, Bern.
08. Which of the following part of the world has been affected by hurricane
A. Korean peninsula
B. Gulf of Mexico
C. South China Sea
Explanation: Oil prices rose as oil workers evacuated rigs in the U.S.
Gulf of Mexico ahead of Hurricane Delta.
● Energy operators in the Gulf of Mexico have shut 80% of
oil output in preparation for Hurricane Delta.
● The storm, packing winds of up to 115 miles per hour (185 kph), ranked as a category 3 hurricane on the Saffir
Simpson Hurricane Wind Scale and forecasters expect it
to strengthen before making landfall.
09. India has successfully test-fired the an Anti-Radiation Missile
named as ________.
Explanation: India has successfully test-fired the Rudram – an Anti-Radiation Missile.
● It has been developed by Defence Research and Development
10. The World Economic Forum (WEF) has announced that it will hold its
Annual Meeting from May 18 to 21, 2021 in ________.
The World Economic Forum (WEF) has announced that
it will hold its Annual Meeting in Lucerne -Burgenstock, Switzerland from May 18 to 21, 2021
. The Annual Meeting 2021 will be preceded by high level
The Davos Dialogues will be digitally convened by the
World Economic Forum around 25 January.