Current Affairs 27th January 2021
Current Affairs of the morning are here with the top headlines of the morning. Current Affairs are very important for all competitive exams including Banking, SSC, RBI, NABARD, etc.
01. A new species of burrowing frog
spotted in the Deccan Plateau has
been named after which of the
following Indian city?
Explanation: A new species of burrowing frog has been named after
Bengaluru as Sphaerotheca Bengaluru.
● The researchers found this species while documenting
Amphibians in the Deccan Plateau parts of Karnataka.
02. China will build a “super” dam on
the lower reaches of the Yarlung
Zangbo river. Yarlung Zangbo is
the upper stream of __________
China will build a “super” dam on the lower reaches of the
Yarlung Zangbo river close to the Line of Actual Control (LAC)
● Originating in the Tibet Autonomous Region (TAR), the trans-
border Yarlung Zangbo flows into Arunachal Pradesh where it is called Siang and then to Assam as the Brahmaputra before
flowing into Bangladesh.
03. Day of Remembrance for all
Victims of Chemical Warfare is
observed every year on
A. 27 November
B. 28 November
C. 29 November
D. 30 November
Explanation: The Day of Remembrance for all Victims of Chemical
Warfare is observed on November 30 every year.
● The day offers the opportunity to honour and remember
those who suffered and died in the wake of chemical
● The day also aims to reaffirm the vision of the United
Nations to achieve a world free of the threat of chemical
weapons in order to promote and support peace and
security for all.
04. _________ has been chosen as the top
word of 2020 by Merriam-Webster
Explanation: ‘Pandemic’ has been chosen as the top word of 2020 by
● Pandemic is a combination of pan, for all, and demos, for
people or population with roots in Latin and Greek,
05. The Border Security Force (BSF)
celebrated its 56th Raising day on
A. 29 November
B. 30 November
C. 01 December
D. 02 December
Explanation: The Border Security Force (BSF) is celebrating its
56th Raising day on 01 December.
● BSF is India’s first line of defence.
06. Who among the following has won
the 2020 Bahrain Grand Prix?
A. Sebastian Vettel
B. Lewis Hamilton
C. Charles Leclerc
D. Max Verstappen
Explanation: Lewis Hamilton (Mercedes-Great Britain) has won the
2020 Bahrain Grand Prix.
● The race was the fifteenth round of the 2020 Formula One
07. Recently, Papa Bouba Diop passed
away. He was associated with
Explanation: Senegal’s professional footballer, Papa Bouba Diop, who
helped the country win FIFA World Cup match in 2002, has
passed away following a long illness.
● His goal helped Senegal secure a historic 1–0 win over the
then-world champions France in the opening match of the
2002 FIFA World Cup, and Senegal’s first-ever match at the
FIFA World Cup.
08. Which of the following organisation
has released a new book titled ‘Future
of Regional Cooperation in Asia and
A. World Bank
B. Asian Development Bank
C. New Development Bank
D. World Trade Organization
Explanation: The book provides insight on how stronger regional
cooperation strategies, including in health, trade, finance,
and disaster risk, can help governments in Asia and the
Pacific accelerate economic growth and robust recovery
from the COVID-19 pandemic.
09. Who among the following became
the fastest to score 22,000
A. Rohit Sharma
B. Virat Kohli
C. Steve Smith
D. AB de Villiers
Explanation: Indian cricket team skipper Virat Kohli
scripted another record in the game.
● He reached the milestone in his 462nd
innings. Tendulkar batted 493 times to
reach that mark.
10. The Avian influenza disease was
recently discovered at a poultry
farm in Hyuga City of ________.
C. South Korea
Explanation: The Avian influenza disease was recently discovered
at a poultry farm in Hyuga City of Japan.
● Around 40,000 chicken in every big farm are being
slaughtered and buried.
● Also, the exports in and around 3 km radius of around
the infected farms have been restricted.