Current Affairs 24th January 2021
Current Affairs of the morning are here with the top headlines of the morning. Current Affairs are very important for all competitive exams including Banking, SSC, RBI, NABARD, etc.
01. Who among of the following has
launched the ‘Longitudinal Ageing
Study of India (LASI)’ report?
A. Narendra Singh Tomar
B. Harsh Vardhan
C. JP Nadda
D. Nitin Gadkari
Explanation: Dr.Harsh Vardhan, Union Minister for Health & Family
Welfare released INDIA REPORT on Longitudinal Ageing
Study of India (LASI) Wave-1.
● LASI is a full–scale national survey of scientific
investigation of the health, economic, and social
determinants and consequences of population ageing in
02. Pravasi Bharatiya Divas is observed
every year on __________.
A. 06 January
B. 08 January
C. 09 January
D. 10 January
Explanation: Pravasi Bharatiya Divas is celebrated every two years in India
on January 9 to mark the contribution of the overseas Indian
community to the growth and development of our country.
● It is also known as the NRI day which commemorates the
return of Mahatma Gandhi to India from South Africa in
03. Recently, which of the following
country has committed ₹2,113 cr
support for Covid relief efforts in
The Government of Japan has committed Official
Development Assistance loan of 30 billion Japanese Yen
which is approximately two thousand one hundred 13 crore
rupees loan to support India’s efforts at providing social
assistance to the poor and vulnerable households, severely
impacted by the COVID -19 pandemic.
● This programme loan aims to support India’s efforts to
provide coordinated and adequate social protection to the
poor and vulnerable across the country against the severe
impacts of COVID-19 pandemic.
04. Recently, India has been asked to
chair three important committees
of the United Nations Security
Council (UNSC). Which of the
following is not one of them?
A. Counter-Terrorism Committee
B. Taliban Sanctions Committee
C. Libya Sanctions committee
D. Committee for Development Policy
Explanation: India has been asked to chair three important committees of the United Nations Security Council (UNSC).
● India began its eighth term as a non-permanent member of the
UNSC with the stated objective of raising its voice against
terrorism, speaking for the developing world and bringing human
– centric inclusive solutions to matters of global peace and security.
● The bodies include – Counter-Terrorism Committee, Taliban
Sanctions Committee and Libya Sanctions committee.
05. Who among the following has
launched Indian government’s Digital
Calendar, Diary App?
A. Smriti Irani
B. Prakash Javadekar
C. Amit Shah
D. Rajnath Singh
Explanation: Information and Broadcasting Minister Prakash
Javadekar launched the Government’s Digital Calendar
and Diary App in New Delhi.
● Digital calendar is an environment-friendly initiative.
● It is available in Hindi and English, but it will be available in 11 languages from 15th of this month.
06. Recently, Who among the
following Indian-American took
charge as the US Army’s first
Chief Information Officer?
A. Prateek Kaushik
B. Ramnaresh Tiwari
C. Raj Iyer
D. Amit Pal
Explanation: Indian-American Dr Raj Iyer has been appointed as the
first Chief Information Officer (CIO) of the US Army, since the creation of the position by the Pentagon in July 2020.
● Iyer currently serves as the principal advisor to the
Secretary of the Army.
● He will supervise an annual budget of USD 16 billion for
the US Army’s IT operations.
07. Recently, JK Maheshwari has been
sworn in as Chief Justice of
A. Sikkim High Court
B. Madras High Court
C. Bihar High Court
D. Uttarakhand High Court
Explanation: Justice Jitendra Kumar Maheshwari was sworn in
as the new Chief Justice of Sikkim High Court.
● Governor Ganga Prasad administered the oath of
office to Justice Maheshwari during a function held in Raj Bhavan.
08. Recently, Chitra Ghosh passed away. She was associated with
which of the following?
A. Rash Behari Bose
B. Subhas Chandra Bose
C. Rabindranath Tagore
D. Chandra Shekhar Azad
Explanation: Chitra Ghosh, the youngest daughter of Sarat Chandra Bose and niece of Netaji Subhas Chandra
Bose, passed away.
● She made pioneering contributions to academics and community services and dedicated her life
in serving the people, teaching & inspiring the youth.
● Professor Bose was the former head of the political science department at Lady Brabourne College in Kolkata
09. Recently, K K Ramachandran has passed away. He was a/an __________.
Explanation: Veteran Congress leader and former state minister of Kerala,
K K Ramachandran has passed away.
● He was popularly known as Ramachandran Master. ● He had represented the party as an MLA six times, which included three times from Kalpetta and thrice from Sultan Bathery Assembly constituency.
● Ramachandran was Minister for Food & Civil Supplies in the
A K Antony Government from 1995 and Health Minister in
the Oommen Chandy Government from 2004
10. Recently, Madhavsinh Solanki
passed away. He served as the
chief minister of ________.
C. Madhya Pradesh
Explanation: Former Gujarat chief minister and ex-Union
minister Madhavsinh Solanki (94) passed away.
● Born on July 30, 1927, the leader was the chief
minister of Gujarat four times and also Union
external affairs minister.