Current Affairs 23th January 2021
Current Affairs of the morning are here with the top headlines of the morning. Current Affairs are very important for all competitive exams including Banking, SSC, RBI, NABARD, etc.
01. Recently, the Indian government
has approved the signing of an MoU
with _________ for the mobility of
‘Specified Skilled Worker’.
The government has approved the signing of a
Memorandum of Cooperation between India and Japan
for the mobility of ‘Specified Skilled Worker’ .
● A joint working group will also be formed for the
implementation of this Memorandum of Cooperation.
● The Indian workers will be granted the status of “Specified Skilled Worker” by the Government of Japan.
02. Recently, Michael Kindo passed
away. He was associated with which
if the following sports?
Explanation: Indian hockey player Michael Kindo died due to age-related
● He was a member of India’s team that won 1975 hockey
World Cup in Kuala Lumpur.
● He was also a member of the 1972 Olympics bronze winning
03. Recently, Prime Minister Shri
Narendra Modi dedicated Kochi –
Mangaluru Natural Gas Pipeline to
the Nation. The pipeline has been
built by _________.
A. Oil and Natural Gas
B. GAIL (India) Ltd
C. Indian Oil Corporation
D. Bharat Petroleum
Explanation: Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi dedicated Kochi
– Mangaluru Natural Gas Pipeline to the Nation.
● The pipeline is a step forward towards the Centre’s ambitious ‘One Nation One Gas Grid’ programme.
● The Kochi
– Mangaluru Natural Gas Pipeline would improve
the ease of living in Kerala and Karnataka, and reduce the
expenses of the poor, middle class and entrepreneurs of both
● The 450
-kilometre long pipeline has been built by GAIL (India) Ltd at an estimated cost of the project is Rs 3,000
04. Which of the following state
government has launched the
‘LaunchPad Scheme’ to make
Is youth self-reliant?
C. Madhya Pradesh
Explanation: The government of Madhya Pradesh has launched a ‘Launch Pad Scheme’ for the boys and girls coming out of child care institutions
and having completed 18 years of age.
● This scheme has been launched by the Women and Child
Development Department of the state with the objective to
provide a platform to these youth, through which they will be able
to become self-reliant by continuing their education and training.
05. Recently, the World Bank has
approved a $105 million loan to
improve Waterways of
A. Uttar Pradesh
B. West Bengal
Explanation: The Central Government has set up a high -level group to build a South Asia -focused energy security architecture
● The high -level group, named the South Asia Group for Energy
(SAGE), will be headed by former Union Power Secretary
Ram Vinay Shahi.
● SAGE has been set up under the Ministry of External Affairs
-run think tank Research and Information System for
Developing Countries (RIS).
06. Maharashtra observed Journalist
Day on __________.
A. 03 January
B. 04 January
C. 05 January
D. 06 January
The Journalist Day is observed by Maharashtra state government on 6th January every year in the memory of late journalist Balshastri Jambhekar.
● Balshastri Jambhekar is also known as ‘The Father of Marathi Journalism ’, for his efforts in starting journalism in the Marathi language, in the form of the first Marathi newspaper and first Marathi monthly.
● The first newspaper in the Marathi language named ‘Darpan was published on January 6, 1832, the date which also marks the birth anniversary of Balshastri Jambhekar.
07. Who among the following became
the world’s richest person after
overtaking Jeff Bezos?
A. Bill Gates
B. Elon Musk
C. Warren Buffett
D. Eric Yuan
Explanation: Elon Musk has become the world’s richest person,
surpassing Amazon founder Jeff Bezos on the Bloomberg
● Musk, who is the CEO of SpaceX and Tesla, had a net
the worth of $188.5 billion, $1.5 billion more than Bezos.
08. Which of the following bank has
become the first Co-operative bank of
India to transition to a Small Finance
A. Abhyudaya Cooperative Bank Limited
B. Shivalik Mercantile Co-operative Bank
C. Ahmedabad Mercantile Cooperative Bank Akola Urban Coop Bank
D. Solapur Janata Sahakari Bank Limited
Explanation: Shivalik Mercantile Co-operative Bank- SMCB has
become the first Co-operative bank of India to transition
to a Small Finance Bank.
● The bank will begin its banking operations under the
name Shivalik Small Finance Bank from April 2021
09. Which of the following has recently
organisation deployed its all-women
team for contingency duties?
A. Indo-Tibetan Border Police
B. Central Reserve Police Force
C. National Disaster Response Force
D. Railway Protection Force
Explanation: An all-woman team of freshly trained National Disaster
Response Force (NDRF) personnel was recently deployed
for contingency duties on the banks of the Ganga river in
Uttar Pradesh’s Garh Mukteshwar town.
10. Recently, The National Board for
Wildlife categorised ‘caracal’ a
critically endangered species.
caracal is a/an ________.
A. Migratory Bird
B. Wild Cat
C. Species of Wild Buffalo
D. Wild Snake
Explanation: The Standing Committee of National Board of Wildlife (SC
– NBWL) in its 60th meeting has approved the inclusion of Caracal into the list of critically endangered species for taking up conservation efforts with financial support under Centrally sponsored Scheme -Development of Wildlife Habitat.
● Caracal is a medium-size wild cat found in some parts of
Rajasthan and Gujarat.