Current Affairs For 22th July 2020
Current Affairs of the morning are here with the top headlines of the morning. Current Affairs are very important for all competitive exams including Banking, SSC, RBI, NABARD, etc.
01.World Chess Day is observed every year on _______.
A. 18 July
B. 19 July
C. 20 July
D. 21 July
Explanation: The International Chess Day is celebrated on July 20 every year as the founding day of the FIDE (World Chess Federation). This year will mark FIDE’s 96th anniversary.
● In the fifth century, chess was invented in India.
● It was called “Chaturanga” at the time.
● Chess is one of the most ancient games of the period. This game was then spread to Persia.
02.UAE launched its first space mission to Mars from which of the following country?
Explanation:UAE’s historic journey to Mars has been successfully started from the Tanegashima Space Center in Japan.
● The spacecraft Hope Probe took off in an early morning launch.
● H2A, the rocket carrying the Hope Probe to space, was launched from the Tanegashima Space Centre in Japan.
03. Which of the following state has recently launched ”Navin Rojgar Chhatri Yojana” for an all round development of the Scheduled Castes?
Explanation: Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Yogi Adityanath launched ”Navin Rojgar Chhatri Yojana” for an all-round development of the Scheduled Castes.
● He also transferred financial assistance of 17.42 crore online to 3,484 people under the ‘Pandit Deendayal Upadhyay Swarojgar Yojana’ and interacted with some beneficiaries from Rae Bareli, Gorakhpur, Basti, Meerut, Azamgarh and Moradabad districts through video conferencing.
04. Who among the following has recently won Hungarian Grand Prix?
A. Sebastian Vettel
B. Lewis Hamilton
C. Charles Leclerc
D. Valtteri Bottas
Explanation: Formula One champion Lewis Hamilton won the Hungarian Grand Prix for the eighth time to equal Michael Schumacher’s single-venue record.
● Hamilton’s latest victory from pole position was as comfortable as the nearly 9-second margin over second-place Max Verstappen suggested.
05. Recently, Rajat Mukherjee passed away. He was a/an ________.
A. Theater artist
Explanation: Bollywood director Rajat Mukherjee passed away in Jaipur due to kidney-related issues.
● The filmmaker, known for directing films like Pyaar Tune Kya Kiya…, Love in Nepal, Road among others, was suffering from an illness for a long time.
06. Who among the following is the author of the book “The Endgame”?
A. Sanjay Gupta
B. Gopi Puthran
C. Hussain Zaidi
D. Kabir Khan
Crime writer, S Hussain Zaidi has penned a new novel “The Endgame” which talks of politics, betrayal, and unimaginable terror.
● “The Endgame” gives the readers a close -up of complex political machinery at work, including state security, defence services, and intelligence agencies like – all building up to an explosive climax.
07.Who among the following became the first cricketer to violate ICC’s ‘saliva ban’ rule?
A. Ollie Pope
B. Rory Burns
C. Dom Sibley
D. Zak Crawley
Explanation:England’s Dom Sibley became the first cricketer to violate ICC’s ‘saliva ban’ rule during Day 4 of England’s second test series against West Indies at OId Trafford in Manchester.
● Dom Sibley accidentally applied saliva on the ball during the match.
08. Which of the following country has banned free internet services for social media?
Explanation:The Bangladesh Telecom Regulatory Commission (BTRC) has directed the telecom companies to stop free internet services to its subscribers for accessing social media.
● The regulatory authority stated that it gives rise to unhealthy competition between the companies.
09.In recent days, Which of the following two-country had conduct PASSEX Exercise?
A. INDIA AND AMERICA
B. JAPAN AND CHINA
C. RUSSIA AND SRILANKA
D. UAE AND BRAZIL
Explanation: The US Navy carrier USS Nimitz conducted maritime drills with Indian warships in the Middle East.
The ‘Passage Exercise’ includes a shorter form of interaction where the two sides have established interoperability. The manoeuvres carried out in such an exercise involving a simulated environment.
The warships in the Nimitz Carrier Strike Group consisted of flagship USS Nimitz, guided-missile cruiser USS Princeton, and guided-missile destroyers USS Sterett and USS Ralph Johnson. Indian Navy ships INS Rana (Destroyer), stealth frigates Sahyadri and Shivalik and Kamorta (anti-submarine Corvettes) participated in the Passage Exercise.
10. Which of the following two organizations had Signed MOU in recent days?
A. Ministry of Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises (MoMSME), And Central Board of Direct Taxes (CBDT).
B. Bhaba Atomic Research Center AND Board of Control of Cricket in India
C.Bureau of Indian Standards AND Annual Maintenance Contract, American Motors Corporation
D. Defense Research and Development Organization AND Damodar Valley Corporation
Explanation:The Central Board of Direct Taxes (CBDT) and Ministry of Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises (MoMSME) signed Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) to share.
The MoU will facilitate seamless sharing of certain Income-tax Return related information by the Income Tax Department to MSME Ministry. This data will enable the Ministry to check and classify enterprises in Micro, Small and Medium categories.
The MoU came into force from Monday. Both the organizations will appoint Nodal Officer and Alternate Nodal Officers to facilitate the process of data exchange. The MoU marks the beginning of a new era of cooperation and synergy between the CBDT and MSME Minister.