Current Affairs 20th January 2021
Current Affairs of the morning are here with the top headlines of the morning. Current Affairs are very important for all competitive exams including Banking, SSC, RBI, NABARD, etc.
01. Recently, Nitin Gadkari announces
setting up of Multi-Model Logistics Park
Explanation: Union Minister for Road Transport and Highways, Nitin
Gadkari has announced a multi-modal logistics park in
● It will be constructed in Silchar and the Balacherra- Harengajao section of the Silchar-Saurashtra Highway will be completed in March 2022.
Which of the following has became
the world’s most valuable two-
B. Bajaj Auto
C. Hero MotoCorp
Bajaj Auto has become the first two
across the globe to cross a market capitalisation of ₹
lakh crore (around $13.6 billion).
● The statement from Bajaj Auto claims that this market
valuation is considerably higher than all other domestic
● The company’s share closed at ₹3,479 giving it a market
capitalisation ₹1,00,670.76 crore.
03. Recently which country passed
the Malala Yousafzai Act for
Pakistani Women to award
Explanation: The United States recently passed the Malala Yousafzai Act for Pakistani Women.
● The Act requires the United States Agency for International Development (USAID) to
award at least 50% of scholarship to Pakistani women between 2020 and 2022.
● It requires the USAID to leverage investments by the Pakistani private sector in the United States. This is being done to improve and expand access to education programs in
04. National Institute of Virology is
located at –
B. New Delhi
Explanation: In a first, Pune’s National Institute of Virology
(NIV) has isolated and cultured the new UK
variant of SARS-CoV2, the Indian Council of
Medical Research (ICMR) said underlining that
no other country has so far reported isolation
and culture of the latest UK strain.
● Vero-cell lines were used by the scientists of
ICMR-NIV to culture the UK-variant of the virus.
Under the Bharat Griha Raksha
policy which company will introduce
a standard home insurance policy
that will cover risk of fire and other
Explanation: The IRDAI is to introduce standard products covering the risk of fire and allied perils.
The policy being introduced is to replace the Standard Fire and Special Perils Policy.
● It has three main components namely the Bharat Griha Raksha, Bharat Laghu Udyam
Suraksha and Bharat Sookshma Udyam Suraksha.
● What is Bharat Griha Raksha?
● Under the Bharat Griha Raksha policy, the IRDAI (Insurance Regulatory Development
Authority of India) will introduce a standard home insurance policy that will cover risk
of fire and other related dangers.
06. Global Economic Prospects report
is released by which?
B. World Bank
Explanation: The World Bank recently released the Global
Economic Prospects report.
● What are the key findings of the Global Economic
● According to the report the Indian economy is to
contract by 9.6% in 2020 -21. The Indian economy is to recover 5.4 percent in 2021 -22. The contraction
in the Indian economy will be mainly due to a sharp
decline in household spending and private
investment. The informal sector that accounts to
four-fifth of employment in the country has been
● On the other hand, the world economy is to expand
by 4% in 2021. The services and manufacturing sector are gaining
● According to World Bank India is facing its first
technical recessionary phase.
07. UJALA scheme was launched in which year?
Explanation: The UJALA (Unnat Jyoti by Affordable LEDs for All) and SLNP (Street Lighting National
Programme) completed six years of successful implementation.
● The two programmes revamped household and public lighting system across the
What are the awards received by the schemes?
● SAPIA, 2017 (South Asia Procurement Innovation Award) for innovative use of IT in SLNP
● CIO 100 in 2019
● Global Solid State Lighting Award for excellence in transformational contribution to LED
● CII National Award for Excellence in Energy Management, 2020
08. Recently the World bank,
Government of India and
Government of which state signed a
105 million USD agreement to
inland water transport, logistics and
special development project?
A. Andhra Pradesh
B. West Bengal
Explanation: The World Bank, Government of India, and Government of West Bengal recently signed a 105 million
US the agreement.
● The fund has been allocated to the West Bengal inland water transport, logistics and special
09. The Defence Research and Development Organization recently signed a
memorandum of understanding with which Metro?
A. Delhi metro
B. Kolkata metro
C. Maha metro
D. Jaipur metro
Explanation: The Defence Research and Development Organisation recently signed a memorandum of
understanding with the Maha Metro. Maha Metro is Maharashtra metro rail Corporation.
● It is a joint venture company of the Government of India and the Government of Maharashtra.
10. Rashtriya Kamadhenu Aayog is
located in which city?
D. New Delhi
Explanation: The Rashtriya Kamadhenu Aayog recently announced that it is to conduct a National-level “Gau-
Vigyan” (Cow Science) online exam. This is being done to generate interest among the students and the public about the indigenous cow and its benefits.
● About the Exam
● The exam is to be held on February 25, 2021.
● All students of primary, secondary, and college-level can participate in the exam without any fee.
● The exam is to be held every year starting from 2021.
● The exam is the first of its kind in the country.
● All the participants of the exam are to be provided with certificates and the exam results will be declared immediately after the exam.
● The Rashtriya Kamadhenu Aayog has prepared a study material on cow science to help the exam aspirants.