Current Affairs 1st august 2020
Current Affairs of the morning are here with the top headlines of the morning. Current Affairs are very important for all competitive exams including Banking, SSC, RBI, NABARD, etc.
01. World Day Against Trafficking in Persons is observed every year on _______.
Explanation:The world day against trafficking in persons is marked on July 30 every year.
● The day is observed every year to raise awareness about the menace of human trafficking and to protect
the human rights of the victims.
● The day is also dedicated to promote and protect the rights of people.
● The 2020 theme for the World Day Against Trafficking: “Committed to the Cause-Working on the Frontline to End Human Trafficking”.
02. 1MDB scandal is associated with which of the following country?
ExplanationMalaysia’s former leader Najib Razak was found guilty of corruption and sentenced to 12 years in jail in the first trial over a multi-billion-dollar scandal at state fund 1MDB.
● Mohammad Najib bin Tun Haji Abdul Razak served as the 6th prime minister of Malaysia from April 2009 to May 2018.
03.At the Ram Temple’s groundbreaking ceremony, Lord Ram’s images will be displayed in
A.Empire State Building
C.Statue of Liberty
Explanation:Images of Lord Ram and 3D portraits of the grand Ram Temple in Ayodhya will be beamed across the giant billboards in the iconic
● Times Square in New York on August 5 to celebrate the temple’s groundbreaking ceremony, with organisers describing the commemoration as a one-of-a-kind and a historic event.
04. The Ministry of Human Resource Development has been renamed as _______.
A.Ministry of Basic and Higher Education
B.Ministry of Education
C.Ministry of Education and Resource Development
D.Ministry of Education and Culture
Explanation: The Union Cabinet has approved the change in the name of the ministry.
● The HRD Ministry is currently headed by Ramesh Pokhriyal Nishank.
● The HRD ministry name was adopted in 1985, during the tenure of former Prime Minister Rajiv Gandhi, as it was changed from the Ministry of Education.
05. Which of the following insurance company has launched a crop insurance campaign titled ‘Bohot Zaroori Hai’?
A. Bajaj Allianz
B. HDFC ERGO
C. Bharti AXA General Insurance
D. TATA AIG
Explanation: Bharti AXA General Insurance has launched a crop insurance campaign titled ‘Bohot Zaroori Hai’.
● It has been launched for farmers in Maharashtra and Karnataka to encourage them about their yield protection and financial security.
● Bharti AXA General Insurance will ensure the farmers in Maharashtra and Karnataka for a period of three years under the Pradhan Mantri Fasal Bima Yojna (PMFBY).
06. Who among the following has been honoured with “Karmaveer Chakra Award” by the Global Fellowship Award instituted by the United Nations and International Confederation of NGO (iCONGO)?
D.Sunil ydv SS
Explanation: Founder of SS Motivation, World record holder Sunil ydv SS was honoured with “Karmaveer Chakra Award” by Global Fellowship Award instituted by United Nations and International Confederation of NGO (iCONGO).
● He received the award for his relentless contribution to society through his Telegram channel “SS Motivation.”
● He addresses social issues and motivates people every day through his channel.
07. Recently, Parvez Khan passed away. He was a/an ________.
Explanation: Bollywood action director Parvez Khan has passed away.
● Some of his well-known films include Andhadhun, Badlapur, Bullett Raja, Fukrey, Ra-One, Johnny Gaddaar, Vishwaroopam, Vishwaroopam 2, Dev.D, Gangster, Sehar, Ab Tak Chhappan, The Legend Of Bhagat Singh, Soldier, and Mr And Mrs Khiladi.
08. Varun Sridhar has been appointed as the CEO of _______.
Explanation: Paytm Money, the subsidiary of One97 Communications Ltd which operates Paytm, has appointed Varun Sridhar as its new CEO.
● Sridhar’s appointment comes just months after its former MD and CEO Pravin Jadhav resigned from the startup due to differences with the management of Paytm.
09. Recently, PM Narendra Modi has inaugurated the Supreme Court building of which of the following country?
Explanation: Prime Minister Narendra Modi jointly inaugurated the new Supreme Court Building of Mauritius along with Mauritian PM Pravind Jugnauth through video conferencing.
10.Recently, Power Finance Corporation (PFC) has signed an agreement with the which of the following institute for Training, Research, and Entrepreneurship Development in Smart Grid Technology?
Explanation: Power Finance Corporation (PFC) has signed an agreement with the Indian Institute of Technology- Kanpur for Training, Research, and Entrepreneurship Development in Smart Grid Technology.
● The objective of the pact is to provide support to IIT-Kanpur in developing infrastructure for research and development on smart grid technology.