Current Affairs 19th January 2021
Current Affairs of the morning are here with the top headlines of the morning. Current Affairs are very important for all competitive exams including Banking, SSC, RBI, NABARD, etc.
01. World Hindi Day is observed every
year on ________.
A. 07 January
B. 08 January
C. 09 January
D. 10 January
Explanation: World Hindi Day is celebrated every year on January 10.
● The day marks the anniversary of the first World Hindi
The conference which was inaugurated on January 10, 1975
by the then prime minister Indira Gandhi.
● However, the celebration of first World Hindi Day was
commenced on 10 January 2006 by former Prime Minister
Dr. Manmohan Singh.
02. Which of the following has rolled
out ‘Special Revival Campaign’ to
revive lapsed policies?
A. ICICI Bank
B. United India Insurance
D. State Bank of India
Explanation: LIC rolls out ‘Special Revival Campaign’ to revive lapsed policies.
● To encourage individuals to continue their risk cover amid the coronavirus pandemic, LIC
launched the campaign where lapsed policies can be revived.
03. Who among the following kid has won
the title of ‘Youngest Kid to Identify
Flags and Country Names’ in the World
Records India Book?
A. Presha Khemani
B. Suyash Singhal
C. Priya Madke
D. Ashwin Singh
Explanation: Presha Khemani has aced the World Records India Book
by naming 150 countries and their capitals after
identifying their flags in just 4.17 minutes.
● The little genius won the ‘Youngest Kid to Identify Flags
and Country Names’ title for her incredible feat.
04. Which of the following state has
decided to setup an Kalaripayattu
B. Tamil Nadu
Explanation: Kalaripayattu is set to see a surge in popularity with the
establishment of an academy in the Kerala capital.
● Lessons in one of the most famous combat styles in the
world will now be taught to the new generation at the facility
which will come up at Kerala Tourism’s Vellar Crafts Village.
05. Which of the following organisation
has developed Him-Taapak heating
devices for Indian army?
B. Hindustan Aeronautics Limited
D. Ordnance Factory Board
Explanation: The Defence Research and Development Organisation
(DRDO) has developed multiple products such the Him-
Taapak heating devices.
● The Him Tapak space heating device (Bukhari) has been
developed for the Indian Army deployed in Eastern Ladakh,
Siachen and high altitude areas and it has placed an order of
more than ₹420 crores for these appliances
06. Recently, Starlink satellite
broadband system has received
licensing approval for its user
terminals from the U.K. Starlink
satellite broadband system is
being developed by __________.
Explanation: Elon Musk’s Starlink satellite broadband system has received
licensing approval for its user terminals from the U.K.’s
● Starlink is a satellite internet constellation being constructed by
SpaceX providing satellite Internet access.
● The constellation will consist of thousands of mass-produced small
satellites in low Earth orbit.
07. Who among the following Indian-
American has been named as the
White House Deputy Press
Secretary in the upcoming Joe
Biden administration in the US?
A. Sandeep Menon
B. Sabrina Singh
C. Payal Gujral
D. Anit Dev Verma
Explanation: Indian-American Sabrina Singh has been named as the White House Deputy Press Secretary in the
upcoming Joe Biden administration in the US.
● Singh was Press Secretary to Vice President-elect Kamala Harris on the Biden-Harris campaign.
08. The second session of the 7th Trade
Policy Review (TPR) of India
concluded at the World Trade
Organization (WTO). WTO is
headquartered in __________.
Explanation: The second session of the 7th Trade Policy Review (TPR) of
India concluded at the World Trade Organization (WTO).
● This was the final session of the 7th trade policy review.
● Trade Policy Review is a key mechanism under the
monitoring function of WTO.
09. Thousand Islands was recently in
the news due to a plane crash. It is
a part of which of the following
D. New Zealand
Explanation: A passenger plane of Indonesia’s Sriwijaya Air carrying
more than 50 people on board crashed into waters off
● The aircraft crashed near the Thousand Islands
10. India will get the United Nations (UN)
mandated for international disaster
rescue operations for the National Disaster Response Force. NDRF was
raised in the year ____________.
Explanation: India could soon be
a part of the United Nations
(UN) mandated international disaster rescue
operations as its country’s federal contingency
force, NDRF, is expected to obtain
recognised standardisation later this year
● The authorisation will be done by the Switzerland
headquartered INSARAG (or the International
Search and Rescue Advisory Group) which is
network of more than 90 countries and
organisations under the UN umbrella to deal with
urban search and rescue related issues