Current Affairs 18th January 2021
Current Affairs of the morning are here with the top headlines of the morning. Current Affairs are very important for all competitive exams including Banking, SSC, RBI, NABARD, etc.
01. The 51st IFFI is being organized from 16th to 24th January in
Explanation: 51st International Film Festival of India (IFFI) will open on 16th January, with the Indian premiere of the movie ‘Another Round’ by Thomas Vinterberg.
● The movie starring Cannes Best Actor Award winner Mads Mikkelsen is among a star-studded lineup of movies being showcased at IFFI.
● The movie is also Denmark’s official entry to the Oscars.
02. Union Home Ministry’s initiative
Operation ‘Muskan’ is associated with
A. Education for tribal kids
B. Providing food in 10 rupees
C. Rescuing missing children
D. Promote bamboo in Northeastern
Explanation: In Maharashtra, as many as 1088 people have been traced
in Ahmednagar district by the police in last month under the
operation ‘Muskan’ in the district to trace missing children. ● Out of 200 cases of child abduction, 77 children have been
traced. ● Police have also traced 621 women and 390 men out of
a total of 1210 women and 1091 men reported to have gone
03. Recently, who among the
following has been appointed as
Deputy Election Commissioner?
A. Pradeep Roy
B. Sandeep Rajput
C. Akash Pandey
D. Umesh Sinha
Explanation: The Union Government has appointed Umesh Sinha as the
deputy election commissioner in the Election Commission of
● Sinha, a 1986-batch IAS officer (retired) of the Uttar Pradesh
cadre was the secretary-general in the commission prior to
● He has been appointed on contract basis for a period of six
months from January 01, 2021, to June 30, 2021.
04. Recently, Buta Singh passed
away. He was a/an _________.
Explanation: Former Union Minister and senior Rajasthan Congress leader Buta Singh has passed away.
● The veteran politician Buta Singh served as Home Minister of India
in the Rajiv Gandhi government from 1986 to 1989.
● He had also served as the Minister of Agriculture and Rural
05. Recently, Shantanu Mohapatra
passed away. He was associated
with which of the following music?
B. Pann music
C. Odia music
D. Nepali folk music
Explanation: Legendary Odia music director Shantanu Mohapatra has
passed away due to old age-related ailments.
● Mohapatra has been associated with the Odia music industry
for almost 60 years.
● He has many firsts to his credits in the field of Odia music as a
06. Which of the following has became the world’s most valuable two-
B. Bajaj Auto
C. Hero MotoCorp
Explanation: Bajaj Auto has become the first two -wheeler company
across the globe to cross a market capitalisation of ₹1 – lakh crore (around $13.6 billion).
● The statement from Bajaj Auto claims that this market
valuation is considerably higher than all other domestic
two -wheeler companies.
● The company’s share closed at ₹3,479 giving it a market
capitalisation ₹1,00,670.76 crore.
07. Recently which country passed
the Malala Yousafzai Act for
Pakistani Women to award
Explanation: The United States recently passed the Malala Yousafzai Act for Pakistani Women.
● The Act requires the United States Agency for International Development (USAID) to
award at least 50% of scholarship to Pakistani women between 2020 and 2022.
● It requires the USAID to leverage investments by Pakistani private sector in the United
States. This is being done to improve and expand access to education programs in
Recently International Financial
Services Centers Authority became an
associate member of the International
Organization of Securities
Commissions (IOSCO). International
Financial Services Centres Authority
(IFSCA) is located in which city?
A. New Delhi
Explanation: The International Financial Services Centres Authority recently became an associate member of
the International Organization of Securities Commissions (IOSCO).
● What are the benefits of IOSCO membership?
● The IOSCO works closely with the Financial Stability Board (FSB) and the G20 nations, to set up
the standards that strengthen the securities markets.
09. Drug Controller General of India
recently announced that it has
authorized two COVID-19 vaccines
for restricted Emergency Use in
India. Which of the following is one
Explanation: The Drug Controller General of India recently announced
that it has authorized two COVID-19 vaccines for restricted
Emergency Use in India.
● COVAXIN and COVISHIELD
10. The National Metrology Conclave is
organized by the Council of scientific and
Industrial Research-National Physical
Laboratory (CSIR-NPL). It is located in
C. New Delhi
Explanation: Prime Minister Narendra Modi is to deliver an
inaugural address at the National Metrology
Conclave on January 4, 2021.
● Theme – Metrology for the Inclusive Growth of the
● The National Metrology Conclave is organized by the
Council of Scientific and Industrial Research-National
Physical Laboratory (CSIR-NPL).