Current Affairs 16th September 2020
Current Affairs of the morning are here with the top headlines of the morning. Current Affairs are very important for all competitive exams including Banking, SSC, RBI, NABARD, etc.
01. Which of the following payments banks has ceased to be a banking
company within the meaning of the Banking Regulation Act?
A. Aditya Birla Idea Payments Bank
B. Airtel Payments Bank
C. Fino Payments Bank
D. Jio Payments Bank
Explanation: Aditya Birla Idea Payments Bank has ceased to be a
banking company within the meaning of the Banking
● In November last year, the RBI had said that Aditya
Birla Idea Payments Bank was headed for liquidation
after the company’s application for voluntary
● The decision to shut operations by the Aditya Birla
Idea Payments Bank was taken due to unanticipated
developments in the business landscape which have
made the economic model unviable.
02. Recently, Rajiv Lall resigned as
the non-executive chairman of
which of the following bank?
A. State Bank of India
B. IDFC First Bank
C. HDFC Bank
D. Axis Bank
Explanation: Private sector lender IDFC First Bank informed its non executive chairman Rajiv B. Lall has resigned from the post with immediate effect.
● Lall has cited that he has been dealing with his prolonged personal health issues for a while now.
03. Recently, Who among the following
has been appointed as the brand
ambassador of Bajaj Allianz Life?
A. Virat Kohli
B. Ayushmann Khurrana
C. Alia Bhatt
D. Virat Kohli
Explanation: Private life insurer, Bajaj Allianz Life has announced the appointment of Bollywood actor
Ayushmann Khurrana as its brand ambassador.
● Khurana will promote its products and digital services across offline and online mediums.
● Khurrana will feature in the brand’s next campaign ‘Smart Living’ that encompasses its term
plan – Smart Protect Goal and the new digital service – Smart Assist.
04. Which of the following country will
host the Quad meet?
Explanation: India will soon be hosting the Quad meet involving Australia, Japan and the United States and the
2+2 dialogue with the United States.
05. Recently, Vodafone Idea has
announced its new unified brand
name as ________.
Explanation: Vodafone Idea announced its new unified brand identity by renaming all its products under a new name and logo
● Vodafone Idea’s move comes after the Supreme Court last week allowed the telecom companies to stagger their
payments of the adjusted gross revenue (AGR) dues over the next 10 years.
06. Which of the following area has
been affected by Typhoon Haishen?
A. New Zealand and Australia
B. Japan and South Korea
C. Indonesia and Myanmar
D. Madagascar and Mozambique
Explanation: A powerful typhoon damaged buildings, flooded roads and knocked out power to thousands of homes in
South Korea after battering islands in southern Japan and injuring dozens of people.
● Japan’s Fire and Disaster Management Agency said at least 38 people were injured, five of them seriously,
after Haishen lashed southwestern Japan over the weekend with strong winds and rain.
07. Prime Minister Narendra Modi
recently inaugurated the Patrika
Gate in ________.
Explanation: Prime Minister Narendra Modi lauded the role of the media in fighting with the COVID pandemic.
● He inaugurated the Patrika Gate in Jaipur through a video conference.
● Patrika Group has constructed ‘Patrika Gate’ as part of Mission Anupam Yojana of Jaipur Development Authority.
08. Which of the following state
governments has recently
released its ‘Electronic Hardware
B. Andhra Pradesh
D. Tamil Nadu
Explanation: The Tamil Nadu Chief Minister Edappadi Palaniswamy released the state’s Electronic Hardware Manufacturing Policy-2020.
● A target is fixed in the new policy for the manufacturing of electronic goods worth 100-billion US Dollars by
the year 2025.
● It envisages making the state contribute 25 percent of the country’s total electronic hardware export.
09. Which of the following bank has
signed an $82 million loan for the
implementation of the Himachal
Pradesh State Roads
A. Asian Development Bank
B. World Bank
C. European Bank for Reconstruction and
D. Asian Infrastructure Investment
The government of Himachal Pradesh and the World Bank
signed an $82 million loan for the implementation of the
Himachal Pradesh State Roads Transformation Project.
● It will strengthen transport and road safety institutions of
Himachal Pradesh by improving the condition, safety,
resilience, and engineering standards of the state road
● A third of the maintenance contracts under the project will
be awarded to women -led Self -Help Groups (SHGs).
10. According to a recent report based
on the National Statistical Office
(NSO) survey, Which of the
following Indian states has the
lowest literacy rate in India?
B. Andhra Pradesh
C. Himachal Pradesh
D. West Bengal
Explanation: With 96.2 percent literacy, Kerala has once again
emerged as the most literate state in the country, while
Andhra Pradesh featured at the bottom with a rate of
66.4 percent, showed a report based on National
Statistical Office (NSO) survey.
● The study has pegged the overall literacy rate in the
country at about 77.7 percent.