Current Affairs 16th October 2020
Current Affairs of the morning are here with the top headlines of the morning. Current Affairs are very important for all competitive exams including Banking, SSC, RBI, NABARD, etc.
01. Recently, Haji Hussain Ansari passed away. He was a/an ________.
Explanation: Haji Hussain Ansari, the Minister of Minority Welfare and Registration Department in the Government of Jharkhand, has passed away.
● He was the first and only Muslim to become minister in the state.
02. Recently, Ashthal Bridge has been inaugurated in which of the
A. Jammu and Kashmir
B. Himachal Pradesh
C. Arunachal Pradesh
Explanation: Jammu and Kashmir Lieutenant Governor, Manoj Sinha during his visit to Panchayat Halqa Ashthal, Kulgam in connection with Back to Village-3 programme, dedicated Ashthal Bridge to the public.
● The Ashthal Bridge connects village Ashthal with adjoining areas while benefiting about 10,000 souls residing in 13 habitations.
03.Recently, Mishti Mukherjee passed away. She was a/an ________.
B. Social activist
Explanation: Actress Mishti Mukherjee has passed away due to renal
● Mishti made her Bollywood debut as a lead actress in Subhash Ghai’s 2014 release, “Kaanchi: The Unbreakable”.
● In a short career span, Mishti was also seen in films such as “Great Grand Masti” (2016), “Begum Jaan” (2017) and Manikarnika: The Queen Of Jhansi” (2019), besides Bengali
and Telugu projects, and music videos.
04. Which of the following countries has
declared national emergency to battle
Explanation: Pakistan, which is facing its worst locust attack in decades, has declared a national emergency to tackle the insects destroying crops on a large scale in Punjab province, the country’s main region for agricultural production.
05. The government is planning
to introduce lottery offers
between Rs 10 lakh and Rs
_______under the GST to
encourage customers to take
bills while making purchases?
A) 2 cr
• B) 1 cr
• C) 3 cr
• D) 4 cr
Explanation: Central Board of Indirect Taxes and Customs (CBIC) member John Joseph said every bill under the goods and services tax (GST) the regime will provide a chance to the
customers to win a lottery and that would act as an incentive for them to pay the tax.
As per the plan, the purchase bill would be uploaded on a portal and a draw would be held automatically and the winners would be informed.
06. ______scheme offers fair deal to settle past direct tax disputes?
A.Vivid se Vishwas’
B.Vishwas se vishwas
C.Andh vishwas se vishwas
D.None of these
Central Board of Direct Taxes (CBDT) Chairman P C Mody on Tuesday said the
direct tax dispute resolution scheme offers a fair deal to settle pending tax disputes as he
urged people to come forward and avail the plan. Currently, there are 4.83 lakh direct
tax cases pending in various appellate forums
Under the ‘Vivad se Vishwas’ scheme announced in the Union Budget, taxpayers
whose tax demands are locked in dispute in multiple forums can pay due taxes by March
31, 2020, and get a complete waiver of interest and penalty.
07. India and Which of the following country signed four MoUs to strengthen their research and higher education collaboration.?
Explanation: The MoUs include one between Indian Institute of Technology Delhi and UiT,
• The Arctic University of Norway for cooperation in fields such as bio-photonics,
health and diagnostic tools, nanotechnology, water management and renewable energy;
• Between Indraprastha Institute of Information Technology and UiT,
• The Arctic University of Norway to facilitate exchange of students and staff and
consolidate joint efforts towards project initiatives in national and EU arena;
Between IIT Jammu and Norwegian U
08. _____named ‘Central Banker of the Year 2020?
A. Shaktikanta Das
Explanation: The Financial Times-owned magazine The Banker named Reserve Bank of India (RBI) governor Shaktikanta Das as the ‘Central Banker of the Year 2020’
Asia-Pacific. The citation lauded Das for bringing in measures to regulate shadow banking
through a restrained approach.
09. ______will ‘compensate’
Malaysia by buying more palm
oil after India withdraws?
India has put general restrictions on refined palm oil imports and informally asked traders specifically to stop buying from Malaysia, the world’s second- biggest producer and exporter of the edible oil, in retaliation for Malaysia’s accusation that recent Indian policies discriminate against Muslims.
10. What is the theme of the world cancer day for the
A. I am and I will’.
B. You and only you
C. We will
D. You we can
Explanation: World Cancer Day is observed on 4th February every year to create
awareness about cancer. The theme for the year 2020 is ‘I am and I will’. Cancer occurs due to the uncontrolled, abnormal growth of cells in the tissue or organ of the body.