Current Affairs 15th September 2020
Current Affairs of the morning are here with the top headlines of the morning. Current Affairs are very important for all competitive exams including Banking, SSC, RBI, NABARD, etc.
01. According to Pentagon report,
Which of the following country has
the largest navy in the world?
Explanation: According to the recent Pentagon report, China now has the largest Navy in the world and is aggressively
looking to set up logistical bases in the Indo-Pacific region to enhance its strategic reach.
● It is also working assiduously towards at least doubling the number of its nuclear warheads over the next
02. Which of the following state has
planned to start river cruises to
D. Andhra Pradesh
Explanation: Odisha state government has directed its Department of Tourism to start river cruises to boost tourism in
the state and counter the impact of COVID-19 on the state’s tourism industry.
● Three principal river cruise circuits can be developed on the Mahanadi river, Chilika Lake and in waterways
in Dangmala reserve forest.
03. Recently, Harbhajan Singh has
pulled out of Indian Premier
League 2020 citing personal
reasons. He was a part of which of
the following IPL team?
A. Kolkata Knight Riders
B. Delhi Daredevil
C. Mumbai Indians
D. Chennai Super Kings
Explanation: Veteran spinner Harbhajan Singh has pulled out of Indian Premier League 2020 citing personal reasons.
● The move serves another blow to Chennai Super Kings (CSK), as he is the second CSK player to pull out
from the squad.
● Suresh Raina had withdrawn from the tournament earlier due to personal reasons and returned to
04. Which of the following state has
passed a bill to protect its heritage
A. Uttar Pradesh
Explanation: The Assam Assembly has passed a bill to protect various heritage sites of the state.
● The Assam Heritage (Tangible) Protection, Preservation, Conservation and Maintenance Bill, 2020 was
passed by the state assembly to protect, preserve and restore tangible heritage, which are currently not
covered under any national or state law.
05. Which of the following city has
been declared as the first World
War II Heritage City in the US?
Explanation: US President Donald Trump announced Wilmington in southern US state
North Carolina as the first World War II Heritage City.
● During the war, Wilmington was the site of the North Carolina Shipbuilding
Company, which built 243 ships in five years as part of the federal
government’s emergency shipbuilding program.
06. Recently, the Senior Officials’
Meeting (SOM) of BIMSTEC was
held under the chairmanship of
C. Sri Lanka
Explanation: India attended a key meeting of the regional grouping
BIMSTEC which discussed ways to further expand
cooperation among its member nations to effectively
deal with key challenges including impact of the
● The Indian delegation at the virtual meeting of the
grouping was headed by Secretary (East) in the Ministry
of External Affairs Vijay Thakur Singh.
● The Senior Officials’ Meeting (SOM) of BIMSTEC under
the chairmanship of Sri Lanka discussed ways to
deepen cooperation among the member nations and
hold the next summit of the grouping.
07. Which of the following Indian state has bagged the first rank among all
the states in the state Business Reforms Action Plan-2019 (BRAP-
2019), representing ease of doing business?
B. Andhra Pradesh
C. Uttar Pradesh
Explanation: Andhra Pradesh has bagged the first rank among all the states in the country in the state business reforms action
plan-2019 (BRAP-2019), representing ease of doing business for Atmanirbhar Bharat.
● While Uttar Pradesh stood in the second position, Telangana bagged the third spot in the overall ranking of the
state business process reforms undertaken during 2019.
08. Which of the following state has
recently launched the Swami
Vivekananda Assam Youth
Empowerment (SVAYEM) scheme
to provide self-employment to
around 2 lakh youths of state?
Explanation: In Assam, the State Government re-launched a scheme to provide
self-employment to around two lakh youths of the state.
● Known as Swami Vivekananda Assam Youth Empowerment
(SVAYEM), it would provide 50 thousand rupees each as seed
money to selected youths to start business ventures.
09. Delhi has been paired with
________ under ‘Ek Bharat,
Shreshtha Bharat’ programme.
B. Andaman and Nicobar
Explanation: Ek Bharat, Shreshtha Bharat Abhiyan focused campaign is underway in the country.
● National Capital Delhi has been paired with Sikkim under Ek Bharat, Shreshtha Bharat
● Since 2017, selected students and teachers of both states are visiting each other under the
10. Which of the following state
government has launched the ‘I
Rakhwali’ app to strengthen its
drive to preserve and maintain the
Explanation: The State Forest Department of Punjab has launched a mobile application named ‘I Rakhwali’
to strengthen its drive to preserve and maintain the environment in Punjab
● The app was launched by the Punjab Forest Minister Sadhu Singh Dharamsot.
● The main aim of ‘I Rakhwali’ app is to ensure greenery and protect the environment in Punjab
as well as inspire people to plant more trees to safeguard the state forest area.