Current Affairs 14th September 2020
Current Affairs of the morning are here with the top headlines of the morning. Current Affairs are very important for all competitive exams including Banking, SSC, RBI, NABARD, etc.
01. Which of the following state has
announced to conserve 600 acres of
land in Aarey Colony into forest?
Chief Minister Uddhav Thackeray announced that a 600
parcel in the Aarey Milk Colony near Sanjay Gandhi National Park
(SGNP) would be reserved as a forest.
● The area of the reserved forest excludes the land on which the
controversial car shed for the 33.5
-km -long underground Colaba – Bandra -Seepz Metro Line 1 corridor is to come up.
02. Recently, S Krishnan has been
appointed as the Managing
Director and CEO of _______
A. Punjab & Sind Bank
B. UCO Bank
C. Indian Overseas Bank
D. IDBI Bank
Explanation: The Appointments Committee of the Cabinet (ACC) has given its approval for the appointment of S
Krishnan as Managing Director and CEO of Punjab & Sind Bank.
● Prior to this elevation, Krishnan was an Executive Director at Canara Bank, a State-owned Bank.
● Punjab & Sind Bank is among the few state-owned banks that had not been brought into the bank
consolidation efforts of the Central Government.
03. Which of the following airport has
won the Confederation of Indian
Industry (CII) – Godrej Green
Business Centre (GBC) ‘National
Energy Leader’ award?
A. Mumbai International Airport
B. Pune International Airport
C. Delhi International Airport
D. Hyderabad International Airport
Explanation: The Hyderabad International Airport has won the Confederation of Indian Industry (CII) –
Godrej Green Business Centre (GBC) ‘National Energy Leader’ and ‘Excellent Energy
Efficient Unit’ award.
● The GMR led Hyderabad International Airport was awarded at the 21st National Awards for
‘Excellence in Energy Management” organized by CII and GBC.
04. According to Pentagon report,
Which of the following country has
the largest navy in the world?
Explanation: According to the recent Pentagon report, China now has the largest Navy in the world and is aggressively
looking to set up logistical bases in the Indo-Pacific region to enhance its strategic reach.
● It is also working assiduously towards at least doubling the number of its nuclear warheads over the next
05. Which of the following day is observed for accumulation Day?
A. 15 September
B. 16 September
C. 17 September
D. 18 September
06. Which of the following day is observed for RPF Foundation Day?
A. 20 September
B. 21 September
C. 22 September
D. 23 September
Explanation: Every year Railway police force foundation day or the RPF raising day is celebrated on 20th September, to commemorate the day when Railway Police Force (RPF) was included to central armed force in 1985.
07. Which of the following day is observed for ozone layer protection day?
A. 16 SEPTEMBER
B. 17 SEPTEMBER
C. 18 SEPTEMBER
D. 19 SEPTEMBER
Explanation: In 1994, the United Nations General Assembly proclaimed 16 September the International Day for the Preservation of the Ozone Layer, commemorating the date of the signing, in 1987, of the Montreal Protocol on Substances that Deplete the Ozone Layer (resolution 49/114).
08. Which of the following day is observed for International Day of Older Persons?
A. 1 OCTOBER
B. 2 OCTOBER
C. 3 OCTOBER
D. 4 OCTOBER
Explanation: International Day of Older Persons is observed on 1 October every year. On 14 December 1990, the United Nations General Assembly designated 1 October.
09. Which of the following day is observed for world Tourism Day ?
A. 27 SEPTEMBER
B. 28 SEPTEMBER
C. 29 SEPTEMBER
D. 30 SEPTEMBER
Explanation: World Tourism Day is commemorated each year on 27 September. Its purpose is to foster awareness among the international community of the importance of tourism and its social, cultural, political and economic value.
10. Which of the following day is observed for world Peace Day?
A. 21 SEPTEMBER
B. 22 SEPTEMBER
C. 23 SEPTEMBER
D. 24 SEPTEMBER
Explanation: he 2020 theme for the International Day of Peace is “Shaping Peace Together.” Celebrate the day by spreading compassion, kindness and hope in the face of the pandemic. Stand together with the UN against attempts to use the virus to promote discrimination or hatred.