Current Affairs 14th October 2020
Current Affairs of the morning are here with the top headlines of the morning. Current Affairs are very important for all competitive exams including Banking, SSC, RBI, NABARD, etc.
01. Recently, Scientists from Agharkar
Research Institute, Pune have
discovered two new species of
pipeworts in ________.
A. Western Ghats of Maharashtra
B. Andaman and Nicobar
D. Backwaters of Kerala
Explanation: Scientists from Agharkar Research Institute, Pune, an autonomous institute of the Department of Science &
Technology, discovered two new species of pipeworts from the Western Ghats of Maharashtra & Karnataka.
● Two new species
02. Which of the following company
has announced the launch of its
“mini app” store to “support
Indian developers” in taking their
products to the masses?
Explanation: In the fight against Google, Paytm has announced the launch of its “mini app” store to “support Indian
developers” in taking their products to the masses.
● Paytm will add a new section on its main application wherein these mini apps will be listed and can be
accessed by Paytm app users.
03. Phoolbagan metro station that has
been inaugurated recently is a part of
which of the following metro?
A. Kolkata Metro
B. Mumbai Metro
C. Delhi Metro
D. Lucknow Metro
Explanation: The Phoolbagan station of Kolkata’s East-West Metro was inaugurated by Union railways minister
● This extension of services from Salt Lake Stadium to Phoolbagan (a stretch of 1.665 kms) will be a
great help for the commuters more so because of its proximity to Sealdah station.
● This Metro provides the safest, cleanest and fastest transportation system in Kolkata.
04. The first of the two-aircraft Air India
One fleet arrived at Delhi International
Airport. It has been manufactured by
C. Lockheed Martin
D. Dassault Aviation
First of the two retrofitted Boeing 777
-300 ER aircraft ordered by the
Indian government, landed at the Delhi airport.
● The Boeing 777
-300 ER aircraft among other things, includes a VVIP
suite, two conference rooms, a press briefing room, a medical room
and secure communications system, with jammers.
● The IAF’s Air Headquarters Communication Squadron, based at Indira
Gandhi International Airport (formerly Palam Air Force Base) in New
Delhi, is in charge of operating these aircraft.
05. India’s newly acquired Rafale
aircraft will included in this year’s
Indian Air Force Day parade. Indian
Air Force Day is observed every
year on ________.
A. 08 October
B. 10 October
C. 15 October
D. 21 October
Explanation: India’s newly acquired Rafale aircraft will be the cynosure of all eyes of this year’s Indian Air Force Day
● Indian Air Force Day is observed every year on 08 October.
● One Rafale aircraft will team up with two Jaguars and two Mirage 2000s in one display and the same
Rafale will also take part in another aerial manoeuvre with the indigenously made Light Combat
06. Which of the following company has
crossed the market capitalization of
₹10 trillion mark for the first time on
and became the second Indian firm
after Reliance Industries Ltd (RIL) to
achieve the milestone?
C. Adani Group
D. Aditya Birla Group
Explanation: Tata Consultancy Services Ltd’s (TCS) market capitalization surged past the ₹10 trillion mark for the first
time on, becoming the second Indian firm after Reliance Industries Ltd (RIL) to achieve the milestone.
● The Mukesh Ambani-led firm, however, remains the nation’s biggest company with a market
capitalization of ₹15 trillion.
07. World Teachers’ Day is observed
every year on _________.
A. 02 October
B. 03 October
C. 04 October
D. 05 October
Explanation: World Teachers’ Day is celebrated every year on October 5 globally.
● It aims to focus on appreciating, assessing and improving the educators of the world and to provide an
opportunity to consider issues related to teachers and teaching.
● The theme for World Teachers’ Day 2020 is “Teachers: Leading in Crisis, Reimagining the Future”.
08. Recently, India successfully test-fired a
new version of nuclear-capable Shaurya
Missile. It can strike targets at
A. 200 kms
B. 500 kms
C. 800 kms
D. 1,200 kms
In a major success amid the ongoing border
crisis with China, India successfully test
new version of nuclear
-capable Shaurya missile
off the coast of Odisha, which can strike targets
at around 800 kms.
● In the last phase while moving close to its
target, the missile moves at hypersonic speeds.
● Shaurya is a land
-based parallel of the
submarine launched K
09. Prime Minister Narendra Modi
inaugurated the ‘RAISE 2020’ summit.
‘RAISE 2020’ is associated with?
A. New Education Policy
B. GST Returns
C. Artificial Intelligence
D. Defence Products
Explanation: Prime Minister Narendra Modi inaugurated the Summit RAISE 2020 – ‘Responsible AI for Social
● The Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology and NITI Aayog are organizing the Mega Virtual
Summit on Artificial Intelligence till 9th of October.
● The summit will discuss cross-sector subjects like ‘Leveraging AI for Pandemic Preparedness’, the
Impetus that Innovation Places on Digitisation’, Inclusive AI and Partnerships for Successful Innovation.
10. Which of the following state/UT is
organisting ‘Corona Intensive
Community Survey Campaign’?
B. New Delhi
In Chhattisgarh, “Corona Intensive Community
Survey Campaign” is going on.
● Under this campaign, a door
-door survey is
being conducted to identify patients with
symptoms of corona infection in rural and urban
areas of the state by October 12
● The objective of this campaign is to identify
Corona patients as soon as possible by conducting
intensive community surveys in urban and rural