Current Affairs 12th September 2020
Current Affairs of the morning are here with the top headlines of the morning. Current Affairs are very important for all competitive exams including Banking, SSC, RBI, NABARD, etc.
01. Which of the following company
has been ranked as the world’s
number 1 solar energy company in
terms of capacity?
B. Adani Green
C. Tata Power
D. JSW Energy
Explanation:Indian renewable energy company, Adani Green has been ranked as the world’s number 1 solar energy
company in terms of capacity.
● The company is currently the world’s top solar developer with around 2.3 GW of operational projects.
● Adani Green Energy Limited has another 2 GW projects under construction and 8 GW of awarded
projects (with contracted PPAs) for a total capacity of 12.3 GW.
02. Which of the following incubated
startup Chakr Innovation has
launched ‘‘Chakr DeCoV’’ to
decontaminate N95 masks?
A. IIT Mumbai
B. IIT Guwahati
C. IIT Kharagpur
D. IIT Delhi
Explanation: IIT Delhi incubated startup Chakr Innovation has launched ‘Chakr DeCoV’ to decontaminate N95 masks.
● Designed in the shape of a cabinet, Chakr DeCoV is built with an innovative decontamination mechanism, which
utilises the high penetrability of Ozone gas for cleaning the pores of the N95 mask, ensuring complete
decontamination of its intricate layers.
03. India’s First Regional Voters’
awareness centre will be set up in
Explanation: Election Commission of India (ECI) will set up the country’s first regional voters’ awareness
centre in Jaipur, Rajasthan.
● It will cater to four states – Rajasthan, Haryana, Punjab and Madhya Pradesh.
● The centre will carry out various awareness activities under the Systematic Voters’ Education
and Electoral Participation (SVEEP) programme.
04.Which of the following bank has
recently launched a virtual
property exhibition ‘Home Utsav’?
A. HDFC Bank
B. Axis Bank
C. State Bank of India
D. ICICI Bank
Explanation: ICICI Bank announced the launch of ‘Home Utsav’, a virtual property exhibition that digitally showcases real
estate projects by renowned developers from key cities across the country.
● The exhibition is available for everyone, including ICICI Bank’s customers and those who are not customers of
● It offers them enhanced convenience, as they can simply browse through these projects online, from the
the comfort of their home and office.
05. Recently, Murali Ramakrishnan
has been appointed as the
Managing Director & CEO of
A. Union Bank of India
B. Canara Bank
C. South Indian Bank
D. India Bank
Murali Ramakrishnan will take over as the new managing director & CEO of Kerala -based South India Bank.
● He retired from ICICI Bank as Senior General
Manager at Strategic Project Group on May 30,
2020 and joined
06. Recently, David Capel passed
away. He was a/an ________.
Explanation: Former England all -rounder and legendary cricketer, David Capel passed away.
● He played 15 Tests and 23 one -day internationals for England from 1987
● He made 270 first
-class appearances for the English
countryside, Northamptonshire, from 1981
became the first cricketer born in the county to play
a Test for England in 77 years.
07. Who among the following is author of
the book “Let Us Dream”?
A. Pope Francis
B. Emmanuel Macron
C. Angela Merkel
D. Vladimir Putin
Explanation: Pope Francis is set to release the book “Let Us Dream” in December 2020.
● In the book, Pope Francis explains how a crisis
can teach an individual to deal with problems
they face in their lives. He cites three major
crises from his own personal life.
08. P Iniyan is associated with which
of the following sports?
Explanation: Indian Grandmaster P Iniyan has won the prestigious 48th Annual World Open online chess
● He scored 7.5 points out of a possible 9 with six victories and three draws to finish on top.
Which of the following is the top-
ranked Indian institute in the “THE
World University Rankings 2021”?
A. Indian Institute Technology (IIT),
B. Indian Institute of Science (IISc),
C. Indian Institute Technology (IIT),
D. Indian Institute Technology (IIT),
Explanation: University of Oxford, UK has been ranked 1st in the “THE World University Rankings 2021”. It
has retained the top spot for the fifth consecutive year.
● The Indian Institute of Science (IISc), Bengaluru, is the top-ranked University from India and
is ranked in the 301-350 band.
10. Recently, Raj Srivastava has
been appointed as India’s
Ambassador to Republic of
Croatia. What is the capital of
Explanation: Raj Kumar Srivastava has been appointed as the next Ambassador of India to the Republic of
● He is an IFS officer of 1997 batch and is presently serving as the Deputy Chief of Mission in
the Embassy of India, Tokyo.