Current Affairs 12th January 2021
Current Affairs of the morning are here with the top headlines of the morning. Current Affairs are very important for all competitive exams including Banking, SSC, RBI, NABARD, etc.
01. India’s renewable power capacity is
the __________ largest in the world.
Explanation: Prime Minister Narendra Modi said India’s renewable power capacity is the 4th largest in the
world and it is growing at the fastest speed among
all major countries.
● The renewable energy capacity in India is currently
136 Giga Watts, which is about 36 percent of the
country’s total capacity.
● In the last 6 years, India has increased installed
renewable energy capacity by two and half times.
02. India’s first Road from plastic
waste will come up in _________.
Explanation: In a first of its kind initiative in the country, work
began on a road stretch in Noida being made from
● The 500-metre long stretch of road is a pilot
project being developed by the Bharat Petroleum
Corporation Limited as part of an agreement with
the Noida Authority.
03. Recently, Agriculture Minister
inaugurated cooperative NAFED”s
programme for helping set up farmer
producers organisations (FPOs) for
beekeepers and honey collectors in
how many states?
Explanation: The Union Minister of Agriculture and Farmers’ Welfare Shri
Narendra Singh Tomar virtually inaugurated Honey Farmer
Producer Organisation (FPO) Programme in five states.
● The Honey FPO Programme aims to address the issues faced
by beekeeping industry and also promote honey production
in the country.
● They will be set up at East Champaran (Bihar), Morena
(Madhya Pradesh), Bharatpur (Rajasthan), Mathura (Uttar
Pradesh) and Sunderbans (West Bengal).
04. The first coal-based power plant of
Arab Gulf is being developed in
Explanation: The first coal-based power plant of Arab Gulf is being
developed in Saih Shuaib, Dubai, United Arab Emirates.
● The 2,400MW Hassyan clean coal power station will be
built at an estimated cost of $ 3.4 billion.
● The project will comprise four units of 600MW each,
which are expected to start operations in 2020, 2021,
2022 and 2023 respectively.
05. India recently signed an MoU for
developing cooperation in the field
of Environment protection and
biodiversity conservation with
Explanation: India and Finland signed an MoU for
developing cooperation in the field of
Environment protection and biodiversity
● The MoU was signed by Environment
Minister Prakash Javadekar from the Indian
side and his Finnish counterpart Krista
Mikkonen through video -mode.
06. __________ has been selected as
India’s official entry at the 93rd
Academy Awards in the ‘Live Action
Short Film’ category.
Explanation: Keith Gomes’ short film ‘Shameless’ has been selected
as India’s official entry at the 93rd Academy Awards in
the ‘Live Action Short Film’ category.
● Shameless is a 15-minutes-long comedy thriller.
● The short film’s narrative delves into the theme of the
loss of human spirit due to technology.
07. International Day of Solidarity with
the Palestinian People is observed
every year on __________.
A. 26 November
B. 27 November
C. 28 November
D. 29 November
Explanation: The International Day of Solidarity with the Palestinian
People is a UN-organized day held every year on November
● It is observed to mark the anniversary of resolution 181,
wherein the Assembly adopted the resolution on the
partition of Palestine on November 29, 1947.
08. Serum Institute of India is
headquartered in _________.
C. New Delhi
Prime Minister Narendra Modi visited the Serum
Institute in Pune.
● During the 50
-minute visit, Prime Minister Modi
inspected the vaccine production process. Later, he
had a discussion with the scientists and officials.
● The Prime Minister reviewed the production
process of Covid 19 vaccines across the country.
09. Which of the following has
launched the dedicated freighter
services connecting Leh with the
rest of the country?
D. Air India Express
Explanation: Airline major SpiceJet launched dedicated freighter services
connecting Leh with the rest of the country.
● Accordingly, the airline operated its first freighter flight from
Delhi to Leh carrying 13 tonnes of cargo supplies.
● The flight was operated by SpiceXpress, the dedicated cargo
arm of SpiceJet.
10. Karthigai Deepam festival is
celebrated in __________.
B. Tamil Nadu
D. Madhya Pradesh
Explanation: In Tamil Nadu, the famous Kartikai Deepam festival was
● In the famous Thiruvannamalai Sri Arunachaleswarar
temple, the Bharani dweep was lit up.
● Karthigai Deepam is celebrated on the Pournami
(Purnima) Tithi of the Tamil month of Karthigai. And like
Diwali, it is a festival of lights.