Current Affairs 11th September 2020
Current Affairs of the morning are here with the top headlines of the morning. Current Affairs are very important for all competitive exams including Banking, SSC, RBI, NABARD, etc.
01. Which of the following has
acquired a 74 per cent stake in
Mumbai International Airport
A. Adani Group
B. Reliance Industries Limited
C. GMR Group
D. Jaypee Group
Explanation: The Gautam Adani-led Adani group has acquired a 74 per cent stake in Mumbai International
Airport Limited (MIAL), a joint venture between the Airports Authority of India and GVK
● MIAL operates the Mumbai airport, the largest in the country after Delhi.
02. Who among the following has
been elected as Chairman of the
Press Trust of India?
A. Pradeep Desai
B. Aveek Sarkar
C. Sachin Deshwal
D. Rajeev Aggarwal
Explanation: Aveek Sarkar, the Editor Emeritus and Vice Chairman of the Ananda Bazar Group of Publications, has been
elected Chairman of Press Trust of India.
● He succeeds Vijay Kumar Chopra, Chief Editor of the Punjab Kesari Group of newspapers.
03. Recently, the former president of
India Pranab Mukherjee passed
away. He was awarded India’s
highest civilian honour, the Bharat
Ratna in the year ________.
Explanation: Former President Pranab Mukherjee is no more.
● Mr Mukherjee served as 13th President of India from 2012 to 2017.
● He also served as Union Minister of Finance, Defence, External Affairs and Commerce.
● He was awarded India’s highest civilian honour, the Bharat Ratna in 2019 by the President of
India, Ram Nath Kovind.
04. Recently, Dr S. I. Padmavati
passed away. She was the India’s
B. Director of AIIMS New Delhi
D. Director General of Indian
Council of Medical Research
Explanation: India’s first female cardiologist, Dr S. I. Padmavati passed away at 103.
● She won Padma Bhushan in the year 1967 and Padma Vibhushan in 1992.
05. Recently, Supreme Court bench has
punished lawyer Prashant Bhushan
with fine of Rs _________ for
committing criminal contempt.
B. ₹ 1 Lakh
C. ₹ 10 Lakh
D. ₹ 25 Lakh
Explanation: The Supreme Court imposed Re 1 a token penalty on activist lawyer Prashant Bhushan as
punishment in criminal contempt case.
● The judgement was pronounced by a bench headed by Justice Arun Mishra.
06. In July 2020, Output of 8 core
infrastructure sectors drops by
Explanation: The index of eight core infrastructure sectors dropped to 9.6% in July.
● The eight infrastructure industries in the index – coal, crude oil, natural gas, refinery products,
fertiliser, steel, cement and electricity – together have a 40% weight in the Index of Industrial
● Barring fertiliser, all seven sectors — coal, crude oil, natural gas, refinery products, steel, cement
and electricity — recorded negative growth in July.
07.Recently, the Supreme Court has
granted the telecom companies a
time period of ________ to clear their
pending Adjusted Gross Revenue
(AGR) dues to the Indian government.
A. 02 years
B. 05 years
C. 08 years
D. 10 years
Explanation: The Supreme Court granted the telecom companies, including Vodafone Idea and Airtel
Bharti, a time period of 10 years to clear their pending Adjusted Gross Revenue (AGR) dues
to the Indian government.
● The Supreme Court had earlier asked the telecom companies to pay the AGR dues by March
08. According to a recent
announcement by the Union
Minister of Coal and Mines,
India aims for 100 million
tonnes of coal gasification by
Explanation: The Union Minister of Coal and Mines Shri Prahlad Joshi announced at a webinar that India
aims for 100 million tonnes of coal gasification by 2030.
● This is to be achieved through investments worth Rs 4 lakh crores.
09. National Wildlife Day is observed
every year on _________.
A. 01 September
B. 02 September
C. 03 September
D. 04 September
Explanation: National Wildlife Day is observed on September 4 to
encourage the awareness of the species around us.
● This National Day focuses on endangered species,
preservation, and conservation efforts around the world.
10. Recently which of the following
country’s attempt to list four Indian
nationals in the UNSC 1267
sanctions list failed?
Explanation: India has said Pakistan’s attempt to list all four Indian nationals in the UNSC 1267 sanctions list has failed.
● Pakistan had initiated a move in the UNSC with China’s support to designate four Indians as terror