Current Affairs 11th October 2020
Current Affairs of the morning are here with the top headlines of the morning. Current Affairs are very important for all competitive exams including Banking, SSC, RBI, NABARD, etc.
01. Recently, Pushpa Bhave passed away.
She was a/an _________.
C. Social activist
Explanation: Veteran social activist Pushpa Bhave passed away
in Mumbai following a prolonged illness. She was
● She has been associated with the Rashtra Seva
Dal and democratic movements since her student
● She was also an academician and an intellectual,
who fought for the rights of common citizens.
● She had taken part in the Samyukta Maharashtra
movement and the Goa liberation movement.
● During the Emergency, she had offered her home
as shelter to underground political workers.
02. Which of the following state has
launched Pathashree Abhijan road
repair scheme to Repair Roads in
A. West Bengal
West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee has
launched a new scheme called the Pathashree
● Pathashree Abhijan is a road repair scheme, under which more than 7,000 stretches of roads comprising 12,000 kilometers across the state will be repaired in a mission mode and in a time -bound manner.
03. World Space Week is observed
every year on __________.
A. 01-07 October
B. 02-08 October
C. 03-09 October
D. 04-10 October
Explanation: The World Space Week (WSW) is observed from October 4
to 10 every year to celebrate science and technology.
● WSW was declared by the United Nations General
Assembly on December 6, 1999.
● The 2020 theme is “Satellites Improve Life.”
04. World Animal Day is observed
every year on _______.
A. 01 October
B. 02 October
C. 03 October
D. 04 October
Explanation: World Animal Day is observed every year on
October 4 since 1929.
● The day aims to raise the status of animals in order
to improve welfare standards around the globe.
● It was originated by Heinrich Zimmermann and he
organized the first World Animal Day on 24 March
1925 at the Sport Palace in Berlin, Germany.
05. Who among of following has been recently appointed as a CFO for SBI?
A. Charanjit Attra
B. Amesh patel
C. Arun kumar sign
D. deepak kumar das
Explanation: The State Bank of India (SBI) has appointed Charanjit Singh Attra as its new Chief Financial Officer (CFO) with effect from 01 October 2020. The post was lying vacant after the former Deputy MD & CFO Prashant Kumar, was appointed as the CEO of Yes Bank in March 2020. C Venkat Nageshwar was serving the post on interim capacity. Attra is a former Partner at global consulting firm EY India and had also served as the CFO at the ICICI Securitie
06. Which of the following organization appoints Sunil Sethi as its Advisor?
Explanation: The Khadi and Village Industries Commission has appointed Sunil Sethi as its Advisor. Sunil Sethi is the Chairman of the Fashion Design Council of India. He has been appointed for a period of one year. He will succeed fashion designer Ritu Beri.
07. Which of the following organization appoints P.D. Vaghela as new chairman of TRAI?
B. WORLD HEALTH ORGANIZATION
C. WORLD TRADE ORGANIZATION
D. WORLD TRANSPORT ORGANIZATION
Explanation: The Appointments Committee of the Cabinet (ACC) has appointed P.D. Vaghela as the chairman of the Telecom Regulatory of India (TRAI). He will succeed RS Sharma, who was at the helm of the sector regulator for five years. He is currently in the department of pharmaceuticals (DoP) under the Ministry of Chemicals and Fertilizers, where he was appointed as the secretary for a year till 30 September.
08. Which of the following awards are announced in recent days?
A. Swachh Bharat
B. Swatch mission awards
C. jal yojna award
D. mission to fight covid
Explanation: The Union Minister for Jal Shakti, Gajendra Singh Shekhawat and the Minister of State for Jal Shakti, Rattan Lal Kataria virtually conferred the Swachh Bharat 2020 Awards to the best performing States/UTs, districts, blocks, GPs in various categories. The Ministry of Jal Shakti is observing the Swachh Bharat Diwas, 2020 on 2nd October to mark six years of the launch of the Swachh Bharat Mission (SBM).
09. Which of the following Vessel Karnaklata Barua commissioned at Kolkata?
A. Indian Coast Guard Vessel Karnaklata Barua
Explanation: The Indian Coast Guard Vessel Karnaklata Barua was commissioned at Kolkata. It is the fifth and last in a series of Fast Patrol Vessel (FPV) built by Garden Reach Shipbuilders and Engineers (GRSE) Ltd. The FPVs are upgraded versions of the inshore patrol vessels with a modified form of the hull and can achieve a speed of 34 knots. Such vessels have also been delivered to Indian Navy by GRSE.
10. Which of the following minister launches “Defence India Startup Challenge-4”?
A. Shri Rajnath Singh
B. atal pranab patel
C. anil kumar das
D. amit das
Explanation: Raksha Mantri Shri Rajnath Singh launched the Defence India Startup Challenge (DISC 4) during the iDEX event. iDEX4Fauji initiative and Product Management Approach (PMA) guidelines were also launched by the Raksha Mantri during the event. Each of these initiatives is expected to facilitate iDEX-Defence Innovation Organisation (DIO) to scale up the program qualitatively and quantitatively.