Current Affairs 10th November 2020
Current Affairs of the morning are here with the top headlines of the morning. Current Affairs are very important for all competitive exams including Banking, SSC, RBI, NABARD, etc.
01.Recently, Ajay Kumar Tripathi died due to coronavirus. He wa ________.
A. Member of Parliament
B. Member of Lokpal
C. Election commissioner
D. Member of UPSC
Explanation: Justice Ajay Kumar Tripathi who tested positive for Covid-19, died after suffering a cardiac
● Justice AK Tripathi was a judicial member of Lokpal and former Chief Justice of Chhattisgarh High
● He tested positive for COVID-19 at AIIMS last month.
02. Recently, the Council of
Scientific and Industrial
Research (CSIR) has launched
________ App to connect
farmers to the supply chain,
B. Farm Produce
C. Kisan Sabha
Explanation: Council of Scientific and Industrial Research (CSIR) has launched the
‘Kisan Sabha’ App to connect farmers to the supply chain and freight
transportation Management System.
● It aims to provide the most economical and timely logistics support to
the farmers and increase their profit margins by minimizing interference
of middlemen and directly connecting with the institutional buyers.
03. Which of the following country has
recently restricted the use of
saliva, sweat to shine a ball under
C. New Zealand
D. South Africa
Explanation: Australia will not allow the use of saliva or sweat to shine the ball once cricket training resumes in the
● There is speculation that the use of saliva to shine the ball will be stopped to cut down the risk of the
highly contagious infection with reports suggesting that the ICC is considering the possibility of allowing
the use of artificial substances to polish the red ball under the supervision of umpires.
04. Who among the following took
charge as the Secretary in the
Micro, Small and Medium
A. Nathuram Pandey
B. A.K. Sharma
C. Manish Tyagi
D. Rahul Joshi
Explanation: Arvind Kumar Sharma assumed charge as Secretary in the Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises
● Prior to this appointment, Sharma was serving as Additional Secretary, Prime Minister”s Office (PMO).
● He is a 1988 batch IAS officer of the Gujarat cadre.
05. Recently, Who among the
following have been elected as
new Fellows of the prestigious
Royal Society in the UK?
A. Manoj Desai
B. Amit Nandi
C. Siddhartha Lal
Explanation: Professor Sir Ralf Speth, the Chief Executive of Tata Motors’ owned Jaguar Land Rover (JLR) and
Professor Vikram Deshpande from the Cambridge University have been elected as new Fellows of the
prestigious Royal Society in the UK which recently added more than 60 exceptional scientists to its
● Active since 1660, the Royal Society is the oldest scientific academy in continuous existence.
06. Who among the following has
became the first Indian to be
nominated for Fed Cup Heart
A. Virat Kohli
B. P.V Sindhu
C. Sania Mirza
D. Leander Paes
Explanation: Sania Mirza was nominated for Fed Cup Heart Award from the Asia/Oceania zone.
● With this, she becomes the first Indian to be nominated for this award. The competition will commence from
May 1st to May 8th.
● The Fed Cup Heart award is an initiative by the ITF (International Tennis Federation).
07. Recently, Which of the following
country has started testing its
official digital currency which is
unofficially called “Digital
Currency Electronic Payment,
A. South Africa
D. New Zealand
Explanation: China has started testing its official digital currency which is unofficially called “Digital Currency Electronic
● The digital currency of China has not been officially released but internal pilot tests are being carried out
in four cities of China.
● It could be considered the world’s first Central Bank Digital Currency (CBDC) if it is officially issued by the state
bank People’s Bank of China.
International Firefighters’ Day
is observed every year on
A. 01 May
B. 02 May
C. 03 May
D. 04 May
Explanation: International firefighters day (IFFD) is observed on May 4 in order to honour the work and sacrifice
made by firefighters.
● The day also pays respects to those who have lost their lives while performing their duty.
09. Which of the following country
has decided to launch the first
Arktika-M satellite for monitoring
Arctic climate this year?
Explanation: Russia will launch its first Arktika-M satellite for monitoring the Arctic climate and environment at the end of
● The number one Arktika-M spacecraft has been developed and is undergoing radio-electronic testing.
● Russia’s Arktika-M remote-sensing and emergency communications satellites will gather meteorological data
in the polar regions of the Earth, which will allow to improve weather forecasts and will enable scientists to
better study climate change.
10. Recently, Which of the following
Indian state has observed the first
cases African Swine Flu?
C. Andhra Pradesh
Explanation: The Assam government informed that the first case of African Swine Flu has been detected in the state that has killed
more than 2500 pigs in 306 villages.
● The National Institute of High-Security Animal Diseases (NIHSAD), Bhopal, has confirmed that it is African Swine Flu