Current Affairs 9th August 2019
Current Affairs are very important for all competitive exams. Sehpaathi Current Affairs will guide you with daily top headlines so that you can excel further.
- India extends $500,000 assistance to Gambia
–During the President Ram Nath Kovind’s visit to Gambia, India has promised to extend an assistance of USD 500,000 to Gambia.
- Lok Sabha to become paperless from next session
-Lok Sabha Speaker has announced that the Lower House will become paperless from the next session.
- Tarun Chaudhri becomes first IAF pilot to complete wingsuit skydive jump
-Wing Commander Tarun Chaudhri has become the first Indian Air Force pilot to perform a wingsuit skydive jump.
RANK AND REPORTS
- London named the world’s best city for students
-London has named the world’s best city for students for the 2nd consecutive year, beating Tokyo and Melbourne that came 2nd and 3rd, respectively, on a new worldwide ranking.
- Rakesh Asthana given additional charge of NCB
–The Appointments Committee on Cabinet has given the additional charge of the post of Director General Narcotics Control Bureau to Rakesh Asthana.
- Ruhan Rajput honoured with ‘Entrepreneur of the Year Award, 2019’
-Ruhan Rajput, a renowned entrepreneur, co-founder and Director of Einfolge Technologies Pvt Ltd was awarded the prestigious Entrepreneur Award 2019 at New Delhi.
SUMMITS AND CONFERENCES
- Foreign Ministers from South East Asia attend 52nd ASEAN summit
-Foreign Ministers from South East Asia are attending the 52nd ASEAN summit in Bangkok.
- Former cricketer Malcolm Nash passes away
–Former cricketer Malcolm Nash passed away. He was Glamorgan’s legendary left-arm bowler who took 993 first-class wickets in a 17-year career between 1966 and 1983. He became famous after Garfield Sobers hit him for six sixes in an over.