Current Affairs 8th July 2019
Current Affairs are very important for all competitive exams. Sehpaathi Current Affairs will guide you with daily top headlines so that you can excel further.
- Campaign to eradicate AES and JES launched in UP
–Chief Minister of Uttar Pradesh have launched the IInd phase of Communicable Disease Control and Dastak Abhiyan 2019.
- USA designates Baloch Liberation Army as terror group
–The Department of State of USA has designated the Balochistan Liberation Army (BLA) and Hizballah operative Husain Ali Hazzima as Specially Designated Global Terrorists.
- U.S. Senate passes provision to give India NATO ally-like status
–The U.S. Senate has passed a legislative provision National Defense Authorisation Act for India.
BANKING AND BUSINESS
- RBI fines 4 Public Sector Banks for violating KYC norms
–The Reserve Bank of India has imposed penalties on four state-run lenders for violating Know Your Customer norms and anti-money laundering standards.
- Ola Electric gets $250m funding from SoftBank
–Japanese company SoftBank has invested around $250 million in Ola Electric Mobility.
- Indo-French Joint Air Exercise Garuda-VI Begins
–The Indian and French Air Force has started Garuda VI exercise at Mont de Marsan in France.
- N S Vishwanathan gets extension by one year as RBI deputy governor
–Reserve Bank of India Deputy Governor N S Vishwanathan has been given a one-year extension by the GoI. Presently he is heading the Department of Banking Regulation of the Reserve Bank of India.
- Manoj Kumar Nambiar elected chairman of MFIN
–Microfinance Institutions Network has elected Manoj Kumar Nambiar as its chairman.
- Ambati Rayudu retires from international cricket
–Indian batsman Ambati Rayudu has announced his retirement from international cricket.
- India loses to Pakistan in the IBSF Snooker World Cup finals
–The Indian team lost to Pakistan in the final of the IBSF Snooker World Cup in Doha. India lost the summit clash by 1-3.