Current Affairs 6th July 2019
Current Affairs are very important for all competitive exams. Sehpaathi Current Affairs will guide you with daily top headlines so that you can excel further.
- UGC approves a scheme “STRIDE” to boost research culture in India
–University Grants Commission has approved a ‘Scheme for Trans-disciplinary Research for India’s Developing Economy’ to boost research culture in India.
- Money in Swiss banks: India ranked 74
– According to the Swiss National Bank (SNB), India has moved down one place to 74th rank in terms of money parked by its citizens and enterprises with Swiss banks.
- New Zealand bans single-use plastic shopping bags
– New Zealand has officially banned single-use plastic shopping bags. Under the new rules, thin plastic single-use shopping bags can no longer be supplied, but reusable carriers are allowed.
- AFSPA extended in Nagaland till december end
– Ministry of Home Affairs have extended The Armed Forces (Special Powers) Act (AFSPA) for another six months in Nagaland.
- NALCO to get President’s award for excellent CSR
– National Aluminium Company Limited has been selected for President’s award for utilisation of Corporate Social Responsibilityfund in social development.
- 2nd anniversary of GST to be celebrated today as “GST Day”
– India will celebrate 1st July as the “Goods & Services Tax DAY”. This year, it is the second anniversary of the implementation of historic tax reform of Goods & Services Tax.
- National Doctors’ Day: 1 July
– India observe 1st July as the National Doctors’ Day. The day is celebrated to recognize the contributions of physicians to individual lives and communities.
- Indian Pro Boxer Wins WBC Asia Title
– Indian pro boxer Vaibhav Yadav has become the WBC Asia Silver Welterweight Champion. He defeated Thailand’s Fahpetch Singmanassak in the title bout held in Pattaya, Thailand.