Current Affairs 6th August 2019
Current Affairs are very important for all competitive exams. Sehpaathi Current Affairs will guide you with daily top headlines so that you can excel further.
- GoM on sexual harassment at workplace reconstituted
–GoI has reconstituted the Group of Ministers (GoM) looking after the issues of how to prevent sexual harassment at workplace and strengthen legal frameworks. The GoM will be lead by Home Minister Amit Shah.
- DCC approves Rs 3,050 cr penalty on Airtel, Vodafone Idea
-The Digital Communications Commission (DCC) approved the cumulative penalty of Rs 3,050 crore on Bharti Airtel and Vodafone Idea.
- India’s first dragon blood-oozing tree
–Researchers discover Dracaena cambodiana, a dragon tree species in the Dongka Sarpo area of West Karbi Anglong district in Assam.
- 6 firms honoured with CSR Journal Excellence Awards
–3rd Edition of the CSR Journal Excellence Awards honoured 6 firmsfor the best practices in Corporate Social Responsibility.
- Priti Patel appointed as Britain’s Home Secretary
–Priti Patel has been appointed as Britain’s Home Secretary in the newly-unveiled Boris Johnson Cabinet.
- Ajay Bhalla appointed as Home Secretary
–Ajay Kumar Bhalla has been appointed Officer on Special Duty(OSD) to the Ministry of Home Affairs.
RANK AND REPORTS
- RIL’s becomes top-ranked Indian company in Fortune Global list
–Reliance Industries ltd has jumped 42 places to become the highest-ranking Indian firm on the Fortune Global 500 list.
BOOKS AND AUTHORS
- Lt Gn. Ranbir Singh releases a book on Fire and Fury Warriors
–The coffee table book titled ‘Fire and Fury Corps – Saga of Valour, Fortitude and Sacrifice’, was released by Northern Army Commander Lieutenant General Ranbir Singh.
- PM Modi releases book on former PM Chandra Shekhar
–PM Narendra Modi releases book “Chandra Shekhar – The Last Icon of Ideological Politics” is written by Deputy Chairman in the Rajya Sabha, Harivansh and Ravi Dutt Bajpai in New Delhi.
- Cabinet approves merger of NIMH with ICMR-NIOH
-Union Cabinet has approved the merger of National Institute of Miners’ Health with Indian Council of Medical Research and National Institute of Occupational Health.
- Virat Kohli maintains number one spot in ICC Test Rankings
–International Cricket Council has released the latest rankings of teams and players in different categories.
- Men’s Team Rankings:
- Indiatopped the Test Team Rankings.
- Englandtopped the One Day International Team Rankings.
- Pakistantopped the T20 International Team Rankings.
- Men’s Batting Rankings:
- Virat Kohli (India)topped the Test Batting
- Virat Kohli (India)topped the ODI Batting
- Babar Azam (Pakistan)topped the T20I Batting
- Men’s Bowling Rankings:
- Pat Cummins (Australia)topped the Test Bowling
- Jasprit Bumrah (India)topped the ODI Bowling Rankings
- Rashid Khan (Afghanistan)topped the T20I Bowling
- Men’s All-Rounder Rankings:
- Jason Holder (West Indies)topped the Test All-Rounder Rankings.
- Shakib Al Hasan (Bangladesh)topped the ODI All-Rounder Rankings.
- Glenn Maxwell (Australia)topped the T20I All-Rounder Rankings.