Current Affairs 4th December 2017
- The first phase of Chabahar port was inaugurated by Iranian President Hassan Rouhani
- The tragedy that struck the Bhopal city three decades ago occurred on the intervening night of December 2 and 3, 1984
- Patna-based Gender Alliance, an initiative of the United Nations Population Fund (UNFPA), had launched the Android-based app named ‘Bandhan Tod’.
- India was awarded the certificate of commendation for its effort to combat illegal wildlife trade by Convention on International Trade in Endangered Species of Wild Fauna and Flora.
- Kapu reservation bill passed in Andhra
- The Union Ministry of Health and Family Welfare launched the National Strategic Plan 2017-24 aimed at eradicating HIV/AIDS by 2030.
- The very severe cyclonic storm ‘OCKHI’ over Lakshadweep area and adjoining Southeast Arabian Sea moved further west-northwestwards with a speed of 10 kmph during past 06 hours.
- India has been re-elected to the Council of the International Maritime Organisation under a category that represents nations with the largest interests in international seaborne trade.
- Mehbooba Mufti re-elected PDP president
- D K Sarraf appointed as PNGRB Chairman
- Virat Kohli surpasses Brian Lara for Most Double Centuries as Captain
- The sole Indian participant and defending Asian champion Shiva Keshavan retained his title with a time of 55.60 seconds.
(Visited 67 time, 1 visit today)