Current Affairs 3rd July 2019
Current Affairs are very important for all competitive exams. Sehpaathi Current Affairs will guide you with daily top headlines so that you can excel further.
- Deputy Prime Minister of Russia Yury Trutnev Visits India
-The Deputy Prime Minister of Russia Yury Trutnev addressed a gathering of businesspersons and industrialist in Mumbai and invited Indian Investments in the Russian Far East.
- Diamond Jubilee of the Oldest Naval Air Squadron
-Indian Navy’s first Naval Air Squadron 550 celebrated its Diamond Jubilee at naval base Kochi after Completing 60 glorious years of yeoman service to the nation.
- Unemployed Graduates To Get Up To Rs 3,500 In Rajasthan
–Unemployed youth having graduation or equivalent degree will be given unemployment allowance by Rajasthan government.
- ICG co-hosts 12th ReCAAP ISC capacity building workshop
–Indian Coast Guard (ICG) co-hosts 12th Capacity Building workshopwith Regional Cooperation Agreement on Combating Piracy and Armed Robbery against Ships in Asia (ReCAAP) Information Sharing Centre(ISC) in New Delhi.
BUSINESS AND BANKING
- EAC-PM releases analysis on robustness of India’s GDP estimation methodology
-The Economic Advisory Council to the Prime Minister releases a detailed note titled ‘GDP estimation in India- Perspectives and Facts’.
- Government to set up 51 incubators for aspiring entrepreneurs
–The GoI will set up 51 new incubators for startups in the information and communications technology space across India as part of its Technology Incubation and Development of Entrepreneurs (Tide) 2.0scheme.
- RBI fines HDFC Bank Rs 1 crore
-Reserve Bank fined country’s largest private sector lender HDFC Bank Rs 1 crore for not reporting frauds and non-compliance with other directions.
RANKS AND REPORTS
- United Nation’s World Population Prospects Report 2019
–United Nation released its “World Population Prospects Report 2019”. Findings of the report are:
- Indiawill overtake China as the most populous country by 2027 and will have almost 1.64 billion inhabitants by 2050.
- The Central and the Southern Asiaregion is expected to see a 25% increase in population till
- The rate of population growthis the highest in sub-Saharan Africa,where the fertility rate stand at 6 births per woman over a lifetime.
- Indiais still among the countries where the working-age population (25-64 years) is growing faster than other groups.
- Peopleaged above 65 are the fastest growing age group.
Static/Current Takeaways Important For LIC AAO Mains 2019:
- United Nations Headquarters inNew York, USA. It was founded on 24 October 1945.
- Mr Antonio Guterresof Portugal is the Secretary-General of the United Nations.
- Om Birla Elected As 17th Lok Sabha Speaker
-Om Birla, a two-time Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) member of Parliament (MP) from Rajasthan, is set to be unanimously elected as the 17th Lok Sabha Speaker.