Current Affairs 3rd August 2019
Current Affairs are very important for all competitive exams. Sehpaathi Current Affairs will guide you with daily top headlines so that you can excel further.
- UKEIRI Mobility Programme: Study in India
-A new India-UK bilateral pilot scheme, the UKEIRI Mobility Programme: Study in Indiawas launched by Universities UK International (UUKi) and British Council India.
- Plastic-like Jute material developed in Bangladesh
–Scientists in Bangladesh have developed a method to convert Jute fibre into low cost bio-degradable cellulose sheets named “Sonali”.
BANKING AND ECONOMY
- RBI names Kanungo to run monetary policy portfolio
–Reserve Bank of India has assigned deputy governor B.P. Kanungo to run the monetary policy portfolio and forecasting department. After the exit of Viral Acharya, Kanungo has become the 6th member of the RBI’s Monetary Policy Committee.
- NPCI ties up with JCB for global RuPay card
–National Payments Corporation of India (NPCI) and JCB International have launched RuPay JCB Global Cards.
- Mark Esper appointed as Pentagon chief
–The U.S. Senate confirmed former soldier Mark Esper as Secretary of Defence, filling America’s longest-ever Pentagon leadership vacuum as Washington faces mounting tensions with Iran.
- India to launch first-ever space war exercise ‘IndSpaceEx’
–The Indian armed forces are all set to conduct the country’s first-ever simulated space warfare exercise “IndSpaceEx”.
- CBDT celebrates Aaykar Diwas 2019
-The Central Board of Direct Taxes (CBDT) celebrating the 159th Income Tax Day (AaykarDiwas) on 24th July.
- Former Chinese premier Li Peng passes away
–Former Chinese premier and chairman of the National People’s Congress Standing Committee, Li Peng passed away. He was also known as the “Butcher of Beijing” for his role in the Tiananmen Square crackdown.