Current Affairs 30th November 2018
- Himachal Pradesh has became first Indian state to launch a single emergency number “112“. This will connect to police, fire, health and other helplines through an Emergency Response Centre in the state.
- India and China have signed a protocol on hygiene and inspection requirements for the exports.
- Institute of Liver and Biliary Sciences has launched a campaign to spread a pan-India awareness about hepatitis disease. Empowering People Against Hepatitis: The EmpathyCampaign was launched at Metro Bhawan, New Delhi in presence of Managing Director of DMRC. Dr. Mangu Singh, and Director ILBS. Shiv Kumar Sarin.
BANKING & ECONOMY
- Country’s largest bank State Bank of India has increased fixed deposit or FD rates for some select maturity periods.
- Arvind Saxena has been appointed as the new Chairman of Union Public Service Commission.
- LG Electronics has announced that it has appointed Brian Kwon as the new president. He is replacing Hwang Jeong-hwan after one year.
- IT czar and philanthropist Azim Premji was bestowed with the highest French civilian distinction Chevalier de la Legion d’Honneur (Knight of the Legion of Honour). Premji, who is the chairman of Bengaluru-headquartered IT major Wipro, received the distinction from the Ambassador of France to India Alexandre Ziegler in Bengaluru.
- Donbass directed by Sergei Loznitsa has won the coveted Golden Peacock Award at the 49th International Film Festival of India (IFFI), which concluded in Goa on November 28, 2018.