Current Affairs 30th March 2021
Current Affairs of the morning are here with the top headlines of the morning. Current Affairs are very important for all competitive exams including Banking, SSC, RBI, NABARD, UPSC Based exam, WBCS, State level civil service, etc.
61. The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) has launched Digital Payments Index (DPI) to capture the extent of
digitization of digital/electronic payments. How many broad parameters DPI contains for measurement
of deepening and penetration of digital payments?
Answer: 5 Broad Parameters
• Payment Enablers
• Payment Infrastructure
• Payment Infrastructure
• Payment Performance
• Consumer Centricity
62. The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) has introduced Legal Entity Identifier (LEI) system for all the payment
transactions of value ____________________________ using Centralized Payment Systems like Real Time
Gross Settlement (RTGS) and National Electronic Funds Transfer (NEFT).
Answer: Rs 50 Crore and Above
LEI is a 20-digit alphanumeric code used to uniquely identify parties for financial transactions worldwide.
63. Which cooperative bank has become the first Urban Co-Operative Bank (UCB) in India to receive
license from RBI to operate as a Small Finance Bank (SFB)?
Answer: Shivalik Mercantile Co-operative Bank (SMCB)
SMCB bank received commercial banking license from banking regulator RBI to transition to an SFB, under the
voluntary transition scheme. The bank will start its banking operations from April 2021. SMCB is
headquartered at Saharanpur, Uttar Pradesh.
64. The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) has announced operational guidelines for Payments Infrastructure
Development Fund (PIDF) scheme. The main aim of the funds is to deploy more digital payment
infrastructure across _______________________________.
Answer: Tier-3 To Tier-6 Centres and North Eastern States
65. New Development Bank (NDB) has signed USD 646 million loan agreements with Govt of India for
two road projects in __________________.
Answer: Andhra Pradesh
66. The Reserve Bank of India recently formed an advisory council under chairmanship of former deputy
governor _________________ to advise the director of the central bank on supervisory colleges to identify
areas where upskilling and building are required in supervisory colleges.
Answer: N S Vishwanathan
67. Who has taken over as the Chairman of Steel Authority of India Limited (SAIL) with effect from
January 1, 2021?
Answer: Soma Mondal
68. Who has been appointed as the deputy election commissioner in the Election Commission of India?
Answer: Umesh Sinha
69. Former Union Minister and senior Rajasthan Congress leader _____________ passed away, recently.
He served as the Home Minister of India during Rajiv Gandhi govt from 1986 to 1989.
Answer: Buta Singh
70. World Braille Day is observed every year on __________ to celebrate the birth anniversary of Louis
Braille, the inventor of Braille?
Answer: 4th January
71. The 7th WASH (Water, Sanitation and Hygiene) Conclave was organized in virtual mode from 2 to 4
December 2020. It is being organized by UNICEF and _____________________________________________.
Answer: National Institute of Rural Development and Panchayati Raj (NIRDPR)
72. The cyclone Burevi hit the Karaikal coast of Tamil Nadu 7 days after the cyclone__________________ hit
the state’s coastal area.
73. Ninth edition of International Sand Art Festival (ISAF) and 31st edition of Konark Festival has been
conducted from 1 to 5 Dec 2020 in _______________________.
74. Ministry of Home Affairs releases list of best performing Police Stations across India every year to
incentivize more effective functioning of police stations. Which Police Station was ranked first in the list
of best performing police station for the year 2020?
Answer: Nongpok Sekmai, Manipur
75. India Mobile Congress (IMC) 2020 was recently organized by Department of Telecommunications and
Cellular Operators Association of India. What was the theme for IMC 2020?
Answer: Inclusive Innovation – Smart, Secure, Sustainable