Current Affairs 2nd July 2019
Current Affairs are very important for all competitive exams. Sehpaathi Current Affairs will guide you with daily top headlines so that you can excel further.
- World Food India to be held in November 2019
-The second edition of World Food India to be held from 1st to 4th November 2019 in New Delhi, which will position India as Food Processing Destination of the World.
BANKING AND BUSINESS
- Facebook launches cryptocurrency “Libra”
–Facebook has announced a digital currency called Libra that will allow its billions of users to make financial transactions across the globe.
- Fitch cuts India growth forecast to 6.6% for 2019-20 fiscal
-In its latest Global Economic Outlook, the global rating agency Fitchlowers India’s growth forecast from 6.8% to 6.6% for the current fiscal, as manufacturing and agriculture sectors showed signs of slowing down over the past year.
- RBI gets a new executive director
–Dr. Rabi N. Mishra has been elevated from principal chief general manager to Executive Director in the Reserve Bank of India.
- Lt General Faiz Hameed Appointed Pakistan ISI Chief
-Pakistan has appointed Lieutenant General Faiz Hameed as the new Director General of the Inter-Services Intelligence (ISI).
RANKS AND REPORTS
- “Amazon India” best place to work in the country
-Randstad rates Amazon India as country’s most attractive employer brand. Microsoft India emerged as the runner-up.
- Gary Woodland won the 119th US Open
–Gary Woodland won the 119th US Open, capturing his first Major title after defeating two-time defending champion Brook Koepka.
- Former Egyptian President Mohamed Morsy passes away
-Former Egyptian President and a top figure in the Muslim Brotherhood, Mohamed Morsy passed away.