Current Affairs 29th July 2019
Current Affairs are very important for all competitive exams. Sehpaathi Current Affairs will guide you with daily top headlines so that you can excel further.
- Rajya Sabha passed the Central Universities (Amendment) Bill, 2019
-The Rajya Sabha passed the Central Universities (Amendment) Bill, 2019. The Bill aims the establishment of a Central University and Tribal University in Andhra Pradesh.
- National Digital Health Blueprint released
– Union Health Minister released National Digital Health Blueprint, bringing in the National Digital Health Eco-system that can ensure the availability of healthcare services on a wider scale.
- Centre cuts interest on GPF by 10 bps
– Finance Ministry has cut the rate of General provident fund (GPF) by 10 basis points from 8% to 7.9%.
- Broadband Readiness Index for Indian States and Union Territories
– The Department of Telecom (DoT) and the Indian Council for Research on International Economic Relations (ICRIER) signed a MoU to develop a Broadband Readiness Index (BRI)for Indian States and Union Territories (UT).
- Ursula von der Leyen elected EU commission president
– Ursula von der Leyen has been confirmed as the European commission’s first female President and the first German in the job for more than 50 years.
- President appoints Governors for Chhattisgarh, Andhra Pradesh
– President Ram Nath Kovind has appointed Anusuiya Uikey as Governor of Chhattisgarh.
- The Sangeet Natak Akademi announces winners for 2018
– The General Council have selected 44 artists from the field of Music, Dance, Theatre, Traditional/Folk/Tribal Music/Dance/Theatre, Puppetry and Overall contribution /scholarship in the Performing Arts for the Sangeet Natak Akademi Awards for the year 2018.
SUMMITS AND CONFERENCES
- 13th Meeting of India-UK Joint Economic and Trade Committee
– 13th meeting of the India-UK Joint Economic and Trade Committee (JETCO) was held in London. Union Minister of Commerce & Industry and Railways and Secretary of State for International Trade of the UK participated in the meeting.
- 21st Commonwealth Table Tennis C’ship begins
– Odisha Governor inaugurated the 21st edition of Commonwealth Table Tennis Championship at the Jawaharlal Indoor Stadium in Cuttack, Odisha.