Current Affairs 29th April 2019
Current Affairs are very important for all competitive exams. Sehpaathi Current Affairs will guide you with daily top headlines so that you can excel further.
- LSE Names A Professorship After Economist Amartya Sen.
-The London School of Economics and Political Science has announced the creation of the Amartya Sen Chair in Inequality Studies, named in honour of the India-born economist, philosopher, and Nobel laureate, who was Professor of Economics at LSE from 1971-82.
- SBI General Insurance Launches Cyber Defence Insurance For Businesses.
-SBI General Insurance has launched a product – cyber defence insurance has launched to protect businesses from financial and reputational losses due to cyber attacks.
- Bajaj Allianz Launches Total Health Secure Goal Plan.
-Bajaj Allianz General Insurance and Bajaj Allianz Life Insurance in collaboration launched their first product ‘Total Health Secure Goal’.
- Network Intelligence Inks MoU With BSE To Provide Cyber Security Services.
-BSE has entered a Memorandum of Understanding with Network Intelligence, to provide cybersecurity services to its members in line with the cybersecurity framework set by SEBI.
- Ministry Of Ayush Inked MoU With CSIR.
-The Ministry of AYUSH inked a Memorandum of Understanding with Council of Scientific and Industrial Research for cooperation in research and education in areas of traditional systems of medicine and its integration with modern science.
RANKS AND REPORTS
- Cancer Preparedness Index 2019 Released, India Ranks 19th.
-India was ranked 19th out of 28 countries in the index of Cancer Preparedness released by the Economist Intelligence Unit.
- Fabio Fognini Becomes First Italian To Claim ATP Masters 1000 Title.
-Fabio Fognini became the first Italian to win an ATP Masters 1000 title at the Rolex Monte-Carlo Masters. He defeated Dusan Lajovic.
- S Muthiah, Chronicler of Madras, Passes Away.
-Chennai’s famed chronicler, cartographer, and journalist S. Muthiah, 89, passed away due to age-related ailments.