Current Affairs 28th June 2019
Current Affairs are very important for all competitive exams. Sehpaathi Current Affairs will guide you with daily top headlines so that you can excel further.
- Government Reduces the Rate of ESI Contribution from 6.5% to 4%
-The government has reduced the total rate of the contribution made by workers and employers towards the Employees’ State Insurance (ESI) scheme from 6.5% to 4% for the first time in over two decades.
- Culture Minister inaugurates the exhibition ‘Astitva’
–Shri Prahlad Singh Patel, Minister of State (I/C) of Culture & Tourism, GoI inaugurated the exhibition titled “Astitva: The Essence of Prabhakar Barwe”, at National Gallery of Modern Art, New Delhi.
- World’s Highest Weather Stations Installed Atop Mount Everest
-A team of Tribhuvan University and National Geographic Society scientists and researchers have installed the world’s highest, fully automated weather stations atop Mount Everest.
- Four Indian movies selected to be screened at South Korea’s Film Festival 2019
-Among 288 movies from over 29 countries, four Indian movies to be screened at the Bucheon International Fantastic Film Festival 2019.
- IAAF To Be Renamed World Athletics
-The IAAF Council approved the global governing body’s new name and logo at the 217th IAAF Council Meeting in Monaco.
BANKING AND BUSINESS
- Rating agencies will now have to disclose the probability of defaults : Sebi
-According to the Sebi circular, rating companies will now create a uniform probability of default benchmark for each rating category on their website, for one-year, two-year and three-year cumulative default rates, both for the short term and long term.
- RBI to infuse Rs 12,500 crore into the financial system through bond purchase -The Reserve Bank of India will infuse Rs 12,500 crore into the financial system through bond purchases under the Open Market Operation (OMO).
- Facebook backs Meesho in first startup investment in India
-Social networking giant Facebook has picked up a minority stake in social-commerce company Meesho in its first startup investment in the country.
RANKS AND REPORTS
- Global Peace Index 2019: India Ranks 141st, Iceland Tops
-India’s rank has slipped five places to 141 among 163 countries on the Global Peace Index 2019, while Iceland remains the most peaceful country and Afghanistan the least peaceful nation, as per the report by Australian think tank Institute for Economics & Peace.
- World Blood Donor Day: 14th June
–World Blood Donor Day celebrated by World Health Organization on 14th June. The host country for World Blood Donor Day 2019 is Rwanda.