Current Affairs 28th July 2019
Current Affairs are very important for all competitive exams. Sehpaathi Current Affairs will guide you with daily top headlines so that you can excel further.
- Govt to increase coal production to one billion tone by 2022-23
–GoI plan to increase the total production of coal in the country to 1 billion tone by 2022-23.
- Health Ministry to launch a “Jan Jagrukta Abhiyaan” in Delhi
–Ministry of Health and Family Welfare will launch a Jan Jagrukta Abhiyaan in Delhi to accelerate measures for prevention and control of Vector Borne Diseases like Malaria, Dengue and Chikungunya.
- China gifts warship ‘P625’ to Sri Lanka
–China has gifted warship ‘P625’ to Sri Lanka. As a new member of the Lankan Navy, the ‘P625’ frigate will be mainly used for offshore patrol, environment monitoring and anti-piracy combats.
- Israel Aerospace signs $50 million deal with Indian navy
–Israel Aerospace signs $50 million follow-up deal with Indian navy. Under the deal, Israel Aerospace Industries will provide complementary missile systems to the Indian navy and India’s MDL Shipyard.
- India, Italy to set up fast-track mechanism
–India and Italy have decided to set up a fast track mechanism to facilitate investors and companies.
- Coca cola appoints Sarvita Sethi in M&A role
–Global beverages major Coco-Cola announced top level changes in its india and southwest asia unit with the appointment of Sarvita Sethi as Vice president, M&A and New Ventures and Harsh Bhutani as Vice-president finance(CFO).
- Justice AK Sikri appointed as judge in SICC
–Former Supreme Court judge, Justice AK Sikri, has been appointed as an international judge of the Singapore International Commercial court (SICC).
- Rohan Bopanna and Smriti Mandhana got Arjuna Award
–Sports and Youth Affairs Minister conferred Arjuna Awards to tennis player Rohan Bopanna and Women cricketer Smriti Mandhana.
SUMMITS AND CONFERENCES
- India, Uzbekistan exchange views on combating terror financing
–The 8th meeting of India-Uzbekistan Joint Working Group on Counter-Terrorism was held in New Delhi. The Joint Working Group reviewed threats posed by terrorist groups worldwide and in their respective regions including cross border terrorism.
- Vijayveer wins his 3rd gold at ISSF Junior Shooting World Cup
–Vijayveer Sidhu picked up his third gold medal of the ongoing ISSF Junior World Cup in Suhl, Germany, combining with Rajkanwar Singh Sandhu and Adarsh Singh to clinch the men’s 25m pistol.