Current Affairs 27th March 2021
Current Affairs of the morning are here with the top headlines of the morning. Current Affairs are very important for all competitive exams including Banking, SSC, RBI, NABARD, UPSC Based exam, WBCS, State level civil service, etc.
34. Every year National Youth Day is celebrated on January 12. It is also known as the _______________.
Answer: Yuva Diwas
Theme of National Youth Day, 2021: YUVAAH-Utsah Naye Bharat Ka.
The National Youth Day is celebrated to commemorate the birth anniversary of Swami Vivekananda. 2021 is
the 158th birth anniversary of Swami Vivekanand.
35. Indian Army Day is observed every year on ______________ to honor our valiant soldiers who sacrificed
their lives to protect the country and its citizens?
Answer: 15 January
36. ISRO will launch a satellite completely developed in Brazil from Satish Dhawan Space Centre. Name
37. Union Education Minister Ramesh Pokhriyal ‘Nishank’ has laid foundation stone
of ‘TiHAN- Technology Innovation Hub on Autonomous Navigation Systems’ through virtual mode at
Answer: IIT Hyderabad
TiHAN is India’s first Testbed for Autonomous Navigation Systems (Terrestrial and Aerial).
38. Food Safety and Standards Authority of India (FSSAI) has capped Trans Fatty Acids (TFA) amount in
food to 3% for 2021 and __________ by 2022 from the current permissible limit of 5%.
39. PM Narendra Modi has dedicated 450 km long ‘Kochi-Mangaluru Natural Gas Pipeline’ to nation in
line with One Nation One Gas Grid. It is built by which company?
Answer: GAIL (India) Limited
40. The Indian Space Research Organization recently released the plan for the decade which included
reusable satellite launch vehicle, heavy lift rocket and semi-cryogenic engine. ISRO is to complete its
moon mission Chandrayaan-3, first Indian Data Relay Satellite System (IDRSS) and the solar mission
41. Which entity has recently announced that it has authorized two COVID-19 vaccines- COVAXIN and
COVISHIELD- for restricted Emergency Use in India?
Answer: Drug Controller General of India
The COVAXIN is the COVID-19 vaccine developed by Bharat Biotech and ICMR (Indian council of Medical
Research). It was the first indigenous COVID-19 vaccine to be developed in the country. The COVISHIELD vaccine
was developed by Oxford University and Astra Zeneca, the pharmaceutical company, and it is being
manufactured by Serum Institute of India (Pune).
42. India’s first pollinator park was recently inaugurated at ________________________.
Answer: Haldwani, Uttarakhand
43. Who has been appointed as the new Chief Justice of the common high court for Union Territory of
Jammu & Kashmir and Union Territory of Ladakh?
Answer: Pankaj Mithal
44. Which state government has launched a ‘Launch Pad Scheme’ for the boys and girls coming out of
child- care institutions and having completed 18 years of age?
Answer: Madhya Pradesh
45. India and which other country has successfully tested ‘Medium-Range Surface-to-Air Missile
(MRSAM)’ defense system?
MRSAM missile defense system has been developed jointly by DRDO and Israel Aerospace Industries (IAI) to
deal with airstrikes by enemy countries.
46. Which country recently became the largest Latin American country to legalize abortion?
47. Which country aims to launch world’s first wood-based space satellite to combat the growing
problem of space debris or junk?
48. The World Bank recently released the Global Economic Prospects report. According to the report the
Indian economy is to contract by _______________ in 2020-21.