Current Affairs 27th July 2019
Current Affairs are very important for all competitive exams. Sehpaathi Current Affairs will guide you with daily top headlines so that you can excel further.
- World Bank offer $250 million to Kerala
–World Bank offers a loan of $250 million to the Kerala Government for the Resilient Kerala project, aimed at enhancing the state’s resilience against the impacts of natural disasters and climate change.
- U.S. sets $5 billion fine for Facebook
–U.S.’s Federal Trade Commission have approved a $5 billion penalty to be levied on Facebook.
- RBI fines Union Bank, SBI for flouting norms
–The Reserve Bank of India has penalised State Bank of India and Union Bank of India for violating certain regulatory guidelines.
- OYO Hotels & Homes acquires co-working firm Innov8
–OYO Hotels & Homes has formally announced its acquisition of co-working venture Innov8.
- Sharath Kamal voted IOC Sportsperson of the Year
–Sharath Kamal was voted the Sportsperson of the Year in the annual Indian Oil Sports Conclave.
- Baba Guru Nanak University Foundation stone laid in Pakistan
-Pakistan Punjab’s chief minister laid the foundation stone of Baba Guru Nanak University at Nanakana Sahib.
- India bags 2 Gold medals at ISSF Junior World Cup
–India bagged two Gold medals in the Women’s 10-meter Air Rifle event at the International Shooting Sport Federation Junior World Cup in Suhl, Germany.
- Anahat Singh, Neel Joshi claimed titles at Dutch Junior Open tournament
–Anahat won the girls’ U13 title while Joshi won the boys’ U17 title. Two Indian players managed to win the titles on the final day of the Dutch Junior Open squash tournament in Amsterdam (Netherlands).
- Computer genius Fernando Corbató passes away
–American computer scientist Fernando Corbato passed away.
- Boxing legend ‘Sweet Pea’ Whitaker passes away
–Former oylmpic boxing gold medallist and four weight World champion “Pernell whitaker”passed away.