Current Affairs 26th November 2020
Current Affairs of the morning are here with the top headlines of the morning. Current Affairs are very important for all competitive exams including Banking, SSC, RBI, NABARD, etc.
01. Which of the following state
government has announced a
cash reward to the medical
team which treated COVID-19
A. Tamil Nadu
Explanation: In Manipur, the state government has announced a cash reward of Rs. 35 lakh to the
medical team which treated the first COVID-19 patient successfully.
● So far Manipur has recorded only two positive cases of COVID-19 and out of them, the first patient has been confirmed negative of the virus three times.
02. Recently, Mary Jordan has
written “The Art of Her Deal,”
which is an unauthorized
biography of _________.
A. Melania Trump
B. Elizabeth I
B. Simona Halep
C. Rebecca Wilson
Explanation: A Pulitzer Prize-winning reporter for The Washington Post has written an unauthorized
biography of first lady Melania Trump.
● Mary Jordan’s “The Art of Her Deal,” which draws upon more than 100 interviews.
● Jordan began working on the book in 2015, well before Donald Trump’s surprise victory in the presidential election.
03. Which of the following State/UT
government has launched
‘Operation SHIELD’ take on
A. Uttar Pradesh
C. Jammu and Kashmir
D. Himachal Pradesh
Explanation: Delhi Government has launched ‘Operation Shield’ in the 21 hotspot areas to combat and control
the spread of COVID-19 virus.
04. Which of the following ministry
has launched a campaign titled
‘Bharat Padhe Online’?
A. Ministry of Human Resource Development
A. Ministry of Home Affairs
B. Ministry of Women and Child
C. Ministry of Tribal Affairs
Explanation: The Ministry of Human Resource Development has launched a campaign titled ‘Bharat
● The campaign has been launched for Crowd Sourcing of Ideas in order to improve the online education ecosystem of India.
05. Israeli Prime Minister thanked
Modi for sending 5 tonnes of
hydroxychloroquine. Who among
the following is the current Prime
Minister of Israel?
A. Mahmoud Abbas
B. Recep Tayyip
C. Benjamin Netanyahu
D. Omar Razzaz
Explanation: Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu has thanked Prime Minister Narendra Modi for rushing a the five-tonne cargo of medicines, including anti-malarial drug hydroxychloroquine.
● The five-tonne shipment included ingredients for drugs chloroquine and hydroxychloroquine, being seen
worldwide as the best possible cure as of now for treating COVID-19 patients.
06. Who among the following has
become the Democratic nominee
in the US Presidential race after
Bernie Sanders dropped out?
A. Elizabeth Warren
B. Joe Biden
C. Michael Bloomberg
D. Tulsi Gabbard
Explanation: In a big development for US politics, Bernie Sanders has withdrawn from the Democratic primary race,
leaving former vice-president Joe Biden as the presumptive Democratic nominee for US presidential
elections later this year.
● also, According to CNN poll conducted by SRSS, Former Vice President Joe Biden holds a wide lead over
President Donald Trump in the national race for the White House.
07. Asian Development Bank has
assured India of ________US
dollar support to fight against
A. 1.0 billion
B. 1.6 billion
C. 2.2 billion
D. 2.4 billion
Explanation: Asian Development Bank assured India of 2.2 billion US dollar support to fight against the COVID-19 pandemic.
● ADB President Masatsugu Asakawa assured Finance Minister Nirmala Sitharaman of financial support of about
16,500 crore rupees.
● The ADB President also appreciated the 1.7 lakh crore rupees economic relief package to provide immediately
income and consumption support to the poor, women, and workers affected by the nationwide lockdown.
08. The World Health Organization issued a dire warning that prematurely lifting lockdown restrictions could spark a deadly resurgence of the disease. Who among the following is the Director-General of WHO?
A. Henrietta H. Fore
B. David Malpass
C. Tedros Adhanom
D. Kristalina Georgieva
Explanation: World Health Organization issued a dire warning that prematurely lifting lockdown
restrictions could spark a deadly resurgence of the disease.
● The International Monetary Fund said the world now faces the worst downturn since the
Great Depression of the 1930s.
● This week, China started to ease months-old lockdown orders in Wuhan, where the virus first
emerged in December.
09. National Safe Motherhood Day is
observed every year on ________.
A. 07 April
B. 11 April
C. 09 April
D. 10 April
Explanation: National Safe Motherhood Day is observed every year on April 11.
● The Government of India had declared 11 April as National Safe Motherhood Day in the
year 2013 and it coincides with the anniversary day of Kasturba Gandhi’s birth, wife of
Mohan das Karam Chand Gandhi, the father of the nation.
10. Who among the following
participated in G20 Extraordinary
Energy Ministers’ virtual meeting?
A. Dharmendra Pradhan
A. Rajnath Singh
B. Nirmala Sitharaman
C. Subrahmanyam Jaishankar
Explanation: Minister of Petroleum and Natural Gas and Steel, Dharmendra Pradhan participated in the G20 Extraordinary
Energy Ministers’ virtual Meeting.
● The meeting was called by Saudi Arabia, in its capacity as the G20 Presidency, and chaired by Saudi Arabia Energy Minister Prince Abdulaziz.