Current Affairs 26th March 2021
Current Affairs of the morning are here with the top headlines of the morning. Current Affairs are very important for all competitive exams including Banking, SSC, RBI, NABARD, UPSC Based exam, WBCS, State level civil service, etc.
23. The Reserve Bank of India recently constituted a working group to study all aspects of digital lending
activities in the regulated and regulated financial sector. The working group is led by ____________________.
Answer: Jayant Kumar Dash
The working group consists of both internal and external members. The internal members include Jayant
Kumar Dash as Chairman.
24. Which Bank has tied-up with IIT Kanpur and Foundation for Innovation & Research in Science &
Technology (FIRST) to set up ‘Fintech Innovation Centre (FIC)’ at the institute’s campus?
Answer: Punjab National Bank
25. RBI has set up an academic advisory council named as ‘College of Supervisors (CoS)’ to strengthen its
supervision over regulated entities. CoS will have five members and it will be headed by former deputy
Answer: N S Viswanathan
26. Central Board of Indirect Taxes and Customs (CBIC) has taken a new initiative to introduce its flagship
Liberalised MSME AEO Package. What is the full form of AEO?
Answer: Authorised Economic Operators
In order to attract MSMEs to become Authorised Economic Operators (AEOs) and avail the various benefits, the
CBIC has relaxed the compliance criteria provided the MSMEs have a valid certificate from their line-Ministry.
The relaxed requirements allow MSMEs who have filed minimum 10 Customs clearance documents in one
year and who have a clean compliance record over 2 years to apply for the scheme.
27. RBI issued ‘Risk Based Internal Audit (RBIA) Framework’ for strengthening governance arrangements
of banks as part of ‘Internal Control Framework’. RBIA will be applicable to __________________________.
Answer: All Scheduled Commercial Banks (Excluding RRBs), Local Area Banks, Small Finance
Banks and Payments Banks
Under RBIA, Head of Internal Audit (HIA) will be formed as a senior executive of the bank with independent
judgement, with a tenure of 3 years. HIA will directly report to Audit Committee of the Board or MD- CEO.
28. RBI has cancelled the license of Vasantdada Nagari Sahakari Bank, with immediate effect from
January 11, 2021. The Bank is located in which state ?
The move is taken as the bank failed to comply with Section 11(1) and Section 56 of Banking regulation Act.
29. IRDAI has constituted ‘Health Insurance Advisory Committee’ to examine availability of health
insurance products. Committee will be headed by IRDAI Chairperson, _____________________.
Answer: Subhash Chandra Khuntia
30. An Indian high school student Aryan Jain has won the National Aeronautics and Space
Administration’s (NASA) Artemis Next-Gen STEM – Moon to Mars App Development Challenge this year.
Aryan, a student of Suncity School, _____________________.
31. Veteran Congress leader Madhavsinh Solanki passed away at his residence in Gandhinagar. How
many times he has served as the Chief Minister of Gujarat?
32. World Hindi Day or World Hindi Diwas is observed annually on _______________ to promote Hindi
language across the globe.
Answer: January 10
33. Every year the Pravasi Bharatiya Divas is celebrated on January 9. What was the theme for this day
for the Year 2021?
Answer: Contributing to Atma Nirbhar Bharat.