Current Affairs 26th July 2019
Current Affairs are very important for all competitive exams. Sehpaathi Current Affairs will guide you with daily top headlines so that you can excel further.
- Indian beaches in the race to crest the ‘Blue Flag’ challenge
– Union Environment Ministry has selected 12 beaches in India to vie for a ‘Blue Flag’certification, an international recognition conferred on beaches that meet certain criteria of cleanliness and environmental propriety.
- U.S. celebrates 50 years of the Apollo 11 mission
– U.S. celebrates the Apollo 11 mission’s 50th year anniversary. In the celebrations, new statues of Astronaut Neil Armstrong were unveiled and an education centre was dedicated to him in Ohio, US.
- Russia launches space telescope Spektr-RG
– Russia launched a space telescope from the cosmodrome in Baikonur, Kazakhstan. It was a joint project with Germany. The Russian space agency, showed a Proton-M rocketcarrying the Spektr-RG taking off from the launch pad.
- UN Report: Over 820 million people suffering from hunger
– A UN report has said, more than 821 million people suffered from hunger worldwide last year. It is the third year in a row that the number has risen.
- HDFC Bank terminated & delisted its GDRs from Luxembourg Stock Exchange
– Private sector lender HDFC Bank has terminated and de-listed its 22 outstanding global depository receipts (GDRs) from the Luxembourg Stock Exchange.
- Chandrakant Kavlekar to be the new Deputy CM of Goa
– Chandrakant Kavlekar to be the new Deputy Chief Minister of Goa. He will replace Vijai Sardesai as the deputy chief minister of Goa.
- ‘Nagarkirtan’ wins big at SAARC film fest
– Director Kaushik Ganguly’s Bengali film ‘Nagarkirtan’, has won 4 awards in SAARC film festival. The movie was honoured with ‘Best Feature Film’, ‘Best Director’, ‘Best Actor’ and ‘Best Original Score’ awards.
- Amir Khan wins WBC international welterweight title
– Olympic silver medallist Amir Khan clinched the WBC international welterweight title. He knocked out Australian Billy Dib in the fourth round of his bout in the inaugural Super Boxing League held in Jeddah, Saudi Arabia.
- India will host ISSF World Cup 2020
– International Shooting Sport Federation approved India’s application to host the ISSF World Cup stages.
- Raja Dhale co-founder of Dalit Panther passes away
– Raja Dhale, one of the founders of the radical outfit Dalit Panther passed away.
- 1971 war hero Lt Gen Gharaya passes away
– Retired Lt Gen Joginder Singh Gharaya, who was awarded the Maha Vir Chakra in the 1971 Indo-Pak war and Kirti Chakra in the 1947 Hyderabad operations, passed away.