Current Affairs 25th November 2020
Current Affairs of the morning are here with the top headlines of the morning. Current Affairs are very important for all competitive exams including Banking, SSC, RBI, NABARD, etc.
01. Recently, a Professional wrestler
Hana Kimura died at the age of
22. She was from which of the
D. South Korea
Explanation: Japanese professional wrestler Hana Kimura died at the age of 22.
● While the cause of death is yet to be ascertained, Kimura had posted a number of troubling social
media posts in recent days.
● Kimura is said to have been the target of hundreds of abusive tweets on a daily basis.
Which of the following Indian state
has registered maximum
participation in forest produce
collection amid the coronavirus-
Explanation: Chhattisgarh has registered maximum participation in forest produce collection amid the
● In Chhattisgarh, the state government has increased the number of forest products purchased
through the minimum support price mechanism from Rs 7 to 25 now.
03. Acharya Jagadish Chandra Bose
Indian Botanic Garden is in recent
news, this botanical garden is in
Explanation: Cyclone Amphan has caused massive damage to the trees in the Acharya Jagadish Chandra Bose
Indian Botanic Garden.
● It was previously known as Indian Botanic Garden and the Calcutta Botanic Garden.
● It is situated in Shibpur, Howrah near Kolkata.
04. Recently, NASA has renamed its
WFIRST Hubble Telescope after
A. Sally Ride
B. John Glenn
C. Nancy Grace Roman
D. Michael Collins
Explanation: The National Aeronautics and Space Administration (NASA) has named its next-generation space
telescope, the Wide Field Infrared Survey Telescope (WFIRST), after its first chief astronomer Nancy Grace
● She is credited with turning the imagination of Hubble Space Telescope into a reality by setting up a committee to envision it and convincing NASA and Congress about the project’s priority.
05. Which of the following company
company has elevated Mohit
Gupta as its co-founder?
D. Big Basket
Mohit Gupta, CEO of Zomato’s food delivery business, has been elevated as the company’s co-founder.
● Mohit Gupta has reportedly played an instrumental role in strengthening the company over the last
06. The four cosmonauts who have
been selected for the Gaganyaan
mission have resumed their
training in ________.
Explanation: The four cosmonauts who have been selected for the Gaganyaan mission have resumed their training in
● The training was put on hold as the lockdown was announced after the outbreak of COVID-19.
● Gaganyaan is India’s first manned space mission.
07. American brokerage firm
Goldman Sachs lowered India’s
GDP forecast to ________for FY
Explanation: American brokerage firm Goldman Sachs lowered India’s GDP forecast
to 1.6 per cent for FY 2020-21, making it the lowest multi-decade
● The global research had previously predicted a growth of 3.3 per cent for
the fiscal year.
● The latest forecast of 1.6 per cent GDP growth will be deeper than the
commonly perceived recessions India has experienced in the 1970s,
1980s and 2009.
08. World Homoeopathy Day is
observed every year on
A. 08 April
B. 09 April
C. 10 April
D. 11 April
Explanation: The world homeopathy day is celebrated each year on April 10.
● This day is celebrated to honor the birth of the father of the Homoeopathic system of
medicines Dr. Samuel Hahnemann.
● 2020 theme: “Linking research with education and clinical practice: Advancing scientific
09. Which of the following company has
partnered with the United Nations
Children’s Fund (UNICEF) to support
India’s fight against COVID-19?
A. Hindustan Unilever
C. HCL Technologies
Explanation: Hindustan Unilever has collaborated with the United Nations Children’s Fund (UNICEF) for a
mass communication campaign to inform and empower the general public against the
● The campaign brings together the marketing expertise and scale of HUL and the technical knowledge of UNICEF to create engaging communication tools that can help people change behaviors and stay safe during the pandemic.
10. Which of the following state
government has doubled the
salary of Doctors, Nurses, medical
professionals dealing with
A. Uttar Pradesh
B. Andhra Pradesh
Explanation: The Haryana government has decided to double the salary of Doctors, Nurses and other Medical
professionals dealing with Coronavirus patients.
● Haryana Chief Minister, Manohar Lal Khattar said that salaries of all those engaged in fight against COVID-19 be it Doctors, Nurses, Paramedical staff, Class IV staff, Ambulance staff, Testing Lab staff will be doubled.