Current Affairs 25th March 2021 ENGLISH
12. Which country has organized 4th ‘One Planet Summit’ through videoconferencing to protect world’s
Theme: Let’s act together for nature! The Summit was organized in cooperation with UN and World Bank.
13. The United Nations recently released the report “International Migration 2020 Highlights”. According
to the report, the Indian diaspora is the largest in the world with more than _____________ people from
India were living outside India as of 2020.
Answer: 18 million
The other countries with large diaspora are Mexico, China, Russia and Syria. India’s diaspora is distributed
across a number of major countries such as UAE (3.5 million), Saudi Arabia (2.5 million) and US (2.7 million).
The United States was the largest country of destination of international migrants. The US was followed by
Germany, Saudi Arabia, Russia and the UK.
14. The Ministry of Petroleum and Natural Gas recently launched a campaign to spread awareness about
clean energy. Name the campaign.
Answer: SAKSHAM (Sanrakshan Kshamta Mahotsav 2021)
It is a one-month long people centric fuel conservation campaign. The campaign is to be launched by the
Petroleum Conservation Research Association (PCRA).
A Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) was signed between PCRA and EESL for promotion of Energy Efficient
PNG Stove on the occasion.
15. On January 15, 2021, the Government of India has launched the third phase of Pradhan Mantri
Kaushal Vikas Yojana. Pradhan Mantri Kaushal Vikas Yojana 3.0 is to train how many candidates for a
period of 1 year with an investment of Rs. 950 crores?
Answer: More than 1 lakh candidates
The third Phase is to be implemented by the Ministry of Skill Development and Entrepreneurship. Under the
third phase of Pradhan Mantri Kaushal Vikas Yojana, 729 Pradhan Mantri Kaushal Kendra are to be
established and more than 200 ITIs are to be rolled out under Skill India mission.
16. The Cabinet Committee on Economic Affairs chaired by Prime Minister has recently approved an
ambitious scheme to boost the industrial development of ______________________.
Answer: Jammu and Kashmir
The Government of India has allocated Rs. 28,400 crores for the industrial development of Jammu and Kashmir
scheme. The funds are to be used to develop industrial sector of the territory till 2037.
17. The Prime Minister Narendra Modi has launched and addressed Start-up India International Summit.
What is the name of summit?
The Startup India International Summit is organised by Department for Promotion of Industry and Internal
trade (DPIIT) and the Ministry of Commerce and Industry.
18. The Union Ministry of Commerce and Industry recently announced that the new Foreign Trade Policy:
2021-26 which is to come into effect from ____________________.
Answer: April 1, 2021
The goal of New Foreign Trade Policy is to make India a 5 trillion USD economy. The District Export hubs are
to play a major role in the new Foreign Trade Policy. The policy will aim to boost exports. It will enhance ease
of doing business.
19. First advanced estimates of National Income have been released by National Statistical Office (NSO).
As per the estimate, India’s GDP is expected to contract by what percent in the current fiscal year 2020-21?
20. Elon Musk-owned electric vehicle company Tesla has registered its fully owned subsidiary in which
Indian city with a name of ‘Tesla India Motors and Energy Private Limited’?
21. NITI Aayog has collaborated with which ecommerce company to launch a revamped Women
Entrepreneurship Platform (WEP)?
22. The Reserve Bank of India recently released 22nd issue of the financial stability report for December
2020. As per the report, the Gross Non-Performing Assets Ratio of the scheduled commercial banks is
to increase to ______________ by September 2021.
The GNPA ratio stood at 7.5% in September 2020.
NNPA the ratio stood at 2.1 % in September 2020 and at 3% in March 2020.
According to the financial stability report, the GNPA might increase to 13.5% by September 2021 under baseline
scenario. Under severe stress scenario, the GNPA ratio might increase to 14.8% by September 2021.