Current Affairs 25th July 2019
Current Affairs are very important for all competitive exams. Sehpaathi Current Affairs will guide you with daily top headlines so that you can excel further.
- France celebrates 14th July as its “National day”
–The French government marked the national day on July 14th. The day is also known as Bastille Day. This is the 230th anniversary of the storming of the Bastille prison which took place in Paris on 14 July 1789.
- Kiran More appointed USA cricket team’s interim coach
–Former India wicket keeper-batsman Kiran More will take charge as the interim coach of the senior USA cricket team.
- Kalraj Mishra appointed Himachal Pradesh Governor
–President Ram Nath Kovind has appointed Kalraj Mishra as the Governor of Himachal Pradesh.
- World Youth Skills Day: 15th July
– The United Nations observes 15 July every year as World Youth Skills Day.
- Over 30 lakh persons enrolled under “PM Shram Yogi Maandhan Scheme”
–Under “Pradhan Mantri Shram Yogi Maandhan Scheme”, total 30,85,205 persons have been enrolled.
SUMMITS AND CONFERENCES
- 2nd formal discussion on holy Gurdwara of Kartarpur Sahib
–2nd formal discussion on holy Gurdwara of Kartarpur Sahib between India and Pakistanwas held in Wagah.
- IFFI’s Golden Jubilee Edition to be celebrated in Goa
– The Golden Jubilee Edition of International Film Festival of India, will be held from 20th Nov till 28th November 2019 in Panaji, Goa.
- Djokovic beats Federer to win fifth Wimbledon title
-Serbian Novak Djokovic won his fifth Wimbledon title after defeating Swiss tennis ace Roger Federer.
- Lewis Hamilton wins sixth British Grand Prix.
– Lewis Hamilton made a thrilling victory in the Silverstone circuit to win his sixth British Grand Prix, his seventh victory in ten races in 2019 and the 80th win of his career.
- Vinesh Phogat wins gold at Yasar Dogu International
– India wrestler Vinesh Phogat has won her second consecutive gold in 53kg, at Yasar Dogu International in Istanbul.
- Sreeshankar wins gold at Tatyana Kolpakova International Athletics
– M. Sreeshankar has won the long jump gold at the Tatyana Kolpakova International athletics. The tournament was held in Bishkek (Kyrgyzstan).
- Bangladesh ex-dictator H.M. Ershad passes away.
– Bangladesh’s former military dictator H.M. Ershad passed away. He became the president of Bangladesh in December 1983 and ruled the country till 1990.