Current Affairs 24th May 2019
Current Affairs are very important for all competitive exams. Sehpaathi Current Affairs will guide you with daily top headlines so that you can excel further.
1. Gujarat Assembly Passes Act To Allow Shops and Businesses Remain Open 21X7.
-‘Gujarat Shops and Establishments Act, 2019’ passed by Gujarat Assembly which came into force from May 1, 2019. The Act will allow the shops and other businesses in the state to operate 24X7.
1. The US Air Force Successfully Tested A Laser System To Shoot Down Multiple Missiles.
-The US Air Force Research Laboratory tested a laser system called Self-Protect High Energy Laser Demonstrator at the US Army’s White Sands Missile range in New Mexico which successfully shot down multiple air-launched missiles while in flight.
1. RBI Enhances Housing-Loan Limits Under Priority Sector Lending For RRBs, SFBs.
-The Reserve Bank of India has decided to enhance the housing loan limits for Regional Rural Banks and Small Finance Banks for eligibility under priority sector lending, in a bid to give them a level playing field with other Scheduled Commercial Banks.
2. Mastercard Announces $1 Billion Investment In India.
-Global card payments brand Mastercard has announced its plan of investing $1 billion in India operations over the period of next 5 years. About $350 million of the total amount would be invested in setting up a local payments processing center as per the Reserve Bank of India’s mandate to store all payments data locally.
1. Dragan Mihailovic Appointed As Coach Of Indian Volleyball Team.
-The Volleyball Fedration of India appointed Serbian Dragan Mihailovic as head coach of the men’s national team in a move linked to the long term goal of Olympic Games qualification. Mihailovic has more than 25 years of experience as a coach.
1. G D ‘Robert’ Govender Conferred With V K Krishna Menon Award.
-GD ‘Robert’ Govender, an Indian-origin journalist in South Africa, has been honoured in the UK with 2019 V K Krishna Menon award for his outstanding contribution as a pioneer of decolonised journalism.
2. Israel Honoured 1971 Bangladesh Liberation War Hero Lt. Gen JFR Jacob.
-Israel honoured Lt. Gen Jack Farj Rafael Jacob, who negotiated the historic surrender of Pakistani troops in Dhaka after the 1971 Bangladesh’s liberation war, with a plaque on the Wall of Honour at the Ammunition Hill.
SUMMITS AND CONFRENCES
1. IBSA Sherpas Meet Concluded In Cochin.
-The IBSA Sherpas’ Meeting, following the 9th IBSA Trilateral Ministerial Meeting, was held in Cochin Secretary in the Ministry of External Affairs, Mr. T.S. Tirumurti led the Indian delegation.
2. G7 Environment Ministers Meet to Discuss Climate Crisis.
-The G7’s Environment Ministers gathered for a 2-day meeting in Metz, France to discuss on steps required to handle deforestation, plastic pollution, depletion of coral reefs and ways to build pacts between the countries in order to achieve the target.