Current Affairs 24th August 2019
Current Affairs are very important for all competitive exams. Sehpaathi Current Affairs will guide you with daily top headlines so that you can excel further.
- President approves Motor Vehicles Amendment Act, 2019
-President has approved the Motor Vehicles (Amendment) Act, 2019. The bill amends the Motor Vehicles Act, 1988.
- ‘One Nation, One Ration Card’ to be rolled out in India by June 1, 2020
–“One Nation One Ration Card” scheme to be rolled out in India from June 1, 2020. To implement the scheme successfully, the centre has kick started inter state portability of ration card pairing two states each.
- KVIC launches “Leather Mission” on World Tribal Day
-The Khadi and Village Industry Commission has launched “Leather Mission” on World Tribal Day. Under this mission, the commission will give leather kits to the leather artisans across the nation.
- President hosts ‘At Home’ reception for Freedom Fighters
-The President of India, Shri Ram Nath Kovind, hosted an ‘At Home’ reception for freedom fighters.
- UP’s “Vriksharopan Mahakumbh” drive creates world record
-Uttar Pradesh’s “Vriksharopan Mahakumbh” drive has created world record after planting more than 22 crore saplings. The drive was launched on the occasion of 77th anniversary of Quit India Movement. More than 22 crore saplings were planted at 12.2 lakh locations under the drive in state.
- Indian Bank signs up Corporate Agency pact with Chola MS
–Indian Bank has entered into a corporate agency agreement with Cholamandalam MS General Insurance Company Ltd.
SUMMITS AND CONFERENCES
- 3rd International Electric Vehicle (EV) Conclave held in Manesar
–The 3rd International Electric Vehicle Conclave was inaugurated at the International Centre for Automotive Technology (ICAT) in Manesar, Haryana.
- INS Tarkash arrives in Norway for a 3-day visit
–INS Tarkash has arrived in Norway for a 3 day visit as part of Western Fleet Overseas Deployment. The ship is part of the Indian Navy’s Western Fleet and is under the operational command of Flag Officer Commanding-in-Chief of the Western Naval Command.