Current Affairs 24th April 2019
Current Affairs are very important for all competitive exams. Sehpaathi Current Affairs will guide you with daily top headlines so that you can excel further.
- Indian Navy-Vietnam Peoples’ Navy Bilateral Exercise Concludes.
-The Indian Navy undertook the second edition of the bilateral maritime exercise between the India Navy and Vietnam Peoples’ Navy, (IN – VPN BILAT EX) at/ off Cam Ranh Bay, Vietnam.
- Coast Guard Patrol Ship Veera Commissioned.
-Chief of Army Staff General Bipin Rawat commissioned the Indian Coast Guard Ship Veera at a ceremony held at Naval Jetty at the dockyard at Vishakhapatnam, Andhra Pradesh.
- Google Opens Its First African AI Lab in Ghana.
-Google has opened its first African artificial intelligence (AI) Centre in Ghana’s capital Accra, one year after announcing the project.
- IMF & World Bank Launched ‘Learning Coin’ For In-House Purpose.
-The International Monetary Fund (IMF) and the World Bank have together launched a private blockchain with a pseudo-token. The new token, called “Learning Coin” and only accissible within the IMF and World Bank, has a purpose to teach relevant individuals within the organizations about blockchain.
- Bandhan Bank Gets CCI Nod For Merger With Gruh Finance.
-Bandhan Bank has received approval from the Competition Commission of India (CCI) for the proposed scheme of amalgamation of Gruh Finance with the Bank.
- IDBI Bank Launches ‘NRI-Insta-Online’ Paperless Account Facility.
-IDBI Bank has launched ‘NRI-Insta-Online account opening process for NRIs residing in the Financial Action Task Force (FATF) member countries.
- India Becomes Net Steel Importer In 2018-19.
-India was a net importer of steel during the 2018-19 fiscal year, the first time in three years, as the country lost market share among its traditional steel buyers and imports jumped on demand for higher-quality steel domestically.
- Canara Bank Becomes The First Public Sector Bank In India To Meet RBI’s EMV Mandate.
-ACI Worldwide, a global provider of real-time electronic payments and banking solutions, announced that Canara Bank has successfully rolled out major new functionally to support EMV card acquiring across its ATM network and Aadhaar Authentication, leveraging ACI’s UP Retail Payments solution to achieve market firsts.
- Fincare Small Finance Bank Awarded the Celent Model Bank 2019 Award.
-Fincare Small Finance Bank (SFB) has been awarded the prestigious Celent Model Bank 2019 Award in the category of Financial Inclusion, for ‘Redesigning Lending to Reach Small Businesses.
- Mithali Raj Named Goodwill Ambassador Of Team India At The Street Child Cricket World Cup.
-Indian women’s cricket team captain Mithali Raj has been named the goodwill ambassador of Team India at the Street Child Cricket World Cup(SCCWC).