Current Affairs 23rd May 2019
Current Affairs are very important for all competitive exams. Sehpaathi Current Affairs will guide you with daily top headlines so that you can excel further.
- India Navy Launches 4th Scorpene Class Submarine INS Vela.
-The fourth of Indian Navy’s stealth Scorpene class Submarine of Project 75, INS Vela was launched at the Kanhoji Angre Wet Basin of Mazagon Dock Limited at Mumbai in Maharashtra.
- INS Ranjit To Be Decommissioned.
-INS Ranjit, an Indian navy destroyer built by erstwhile USSR, is set to be decommissioned. The third of the five Kashin-class destroyers, it was commissioned in 1983 and has rendered service to the Navy for over 36 years.
- India To Attend G-7 Meet In France.
-India will be attending the Group of 7 industrialised nations meet organised by France in Biarritz in August along with Australia, Chile, and South Africa.
- Japan’s First Privately Developed Rocket ‘Momo-3’ Reached Outer Space.
-A Japanese aerospace start-up Interstellar Tachnology Inc. has successfully launched a first privately developed rocket ‘Momo-3’ into space.
- The Launches $5 Billion Healthy Oceans Action Plan.
-The Asian Development Bank launched a $5 Billion Action Plan for Healthy Oceans and Sustainable Blue Economies for the Asia and Pacific region at the 52nd Annual Meeting of ADB’s Board of Governors in Fiji.
- Myntra Appoints Virat Kohli, Anushka Sharma As First Brand Ambassadors.
-Flipkart-owned fashion e-commerce platform Myntra announced that it had appointed celebrity couple Virat Kohli and Anushka Sharma as its first brand ambassadors.
- Vodafone Idea Signs Multi-Million Dollar IT Deal With IBM.
-India’s largest telecom operator Vodafone Idea Ltd announced a five-year multi-million-dollar IT outsourcing deal with tech giant IBM.
- e-Governance Services India Ties Up With IIT-Kanpur To Upscale Unnat Bharat Abhiyan.
-Common Service Centre’s e-Governance Services India Limited, a special purpose vehicle under the Ministry of Electronics and IT, has tied up with Indian Institute of Technology Kanpur to upscale ‘Unnat Bharat Abhiyan’.